Another One For Kettlestack

Drew1125

Hi Errol,
I hope you don't mind, but your scratchbuilt workshop reminded me so much of eastern Ky, that I thought I would try & show you what I meant...
Here's a picture of a freight station in Cornwell, Ky, on a C&O branchline around 1933...

Attachments

• cornwell3.jpg
    cornwell3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 93

Drew1125

...and here's a picture of your wonderful, classy structure...
For give me but I couldn't resist playing around with the photo, & "weathering" it a little bit...hope you don't mind...
It just reminded me of a little piece of Appalachia, a place very dear to me...

Attachments

• errol.jpg
    errol.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 94
Awwwwwww Charlie, Thats just the ticket! thanks for posting it.
Got any more???????

The more I handled my N gauge structures the more I felt inclined to make more. (I'm easily sidetracked :) ).
I feel a lot more comfortable making N structures than HO ones.

The structures in your photos just has me drooling again. All I have to do is "imagineer" the dimensions and get stuck in (probably using cardstock this time). But don't hold your breath waiting to see my effort on it :) )

Thanks again Charlie.

Errol

hahaha, I didn't realise there was another photo. I just got straight into replying coz I was excited about the C&O one.
You made a better job of my photo than I did! :) . (I'm gonna tell Shamus on you!). :)

Errol

Drew1125

We may make a hillbilly outa him yet, Tyson!
(especially if we can get him to try the liquor! :D )
Ok Errol, how's this?...;) ;) ;)
I was digging around, & came across this old photo of Callen's Feed...looks like maybe the early 1900's...a bit faded, but just goes to show that a sound structure will out-last the ravages of time...

Attachments

• callans feed.jpg
    callans feed.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 77