Another "Old" Photo

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
On an early autumn day in 1931, the local out of Glasgow Jct crosses the Sumpter Run trestle...it's getting ready to enter Tunnel #1, & head into the hills...

Attachments

• sumpterb&w.jpg
    sumpterb&w.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 209

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Errol!
Great to hear from you again, old friend! :) :wave:
What scale is your Porter? I'd love to see a picture of it! :thumb:

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Chuckling Here

You got me worried now Charlie, I can't tell the difference between a Roger's and a Porter! :confused: :confused:

But here's the old timers I have, all work except the O Gauge one which is a 40 yr old Rivarossi plastic kit which I screwed to a display base. (I didn't buy the motorising kit for it).
They are O, HO, HOn3 and N gauges.

I also have an HO gauge 4-4-0 in black which wouldn't show up too well in this photo.
I love those oldies.

I'm currently in the doldrums with RR modelling ... just can't get my brain in gear for it at present.

Errol

Attachments

• 08-03-04-oldtimers.jpg
    08-03-04-oldtimers.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 80

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Larry,
Thanks so much! I consider that a very high compliment indeed! :)
Errol,
A very nice collection you have there, friend! I think the N scale version is probably exactly what I have...not a great runner, but pretty good at posing for a photo! :D
As far as having the "dulldrums", I know exactly what you mean...& I'm sure there are plenty of other here who can empathize with you also...don't worry, though...it'll come back around...it's funny sometimes how some tiny spark of inspiration can come at the strangest times, & send you running to the layout! :thumb: