another layout progress thread

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
thought I would post a couple pics of what I got done so far,,, it is coming along pretty good,,, I still need to order some more track and a couple of switches, but I what I have setup is working good,,, some of the curves were made with track I had on hand and are not exactly right but it will get changed before I start to lay cork ,,,, like I said before , this is just to make sure everything is going to work before I get the glue out,,,, I have a walter round house to put in,,, I'm thinking on the end closest to the camara,,,,, going to be some big mountians on the far end and several tunnels scattered throughout,,,,,, ,,,,, as far as the track is concerned, I can run all day long without a derail untill I forget to throw a switch then it is clean up time,,,,, ,,, ,,,, anyway I will post more pics when I get a little more done,,,, ,,,,, ,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 081.jpg
    misc5-new 081.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 303

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
thanks everyone,,,, it is HO,,,,setting on 4x8x12,,, it will have more sidings for small business later but I ran out of track,,,,,,,, but it is pretty cool to run several trains on,,,, keeps you awake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, st

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
what grade are your rises? It looks really cool w/ the over under on the back side there
wink.gif

sorry YmeBp, I missed this question earler,,,,, It is a four percent grade in the back,,,, the left hand side is two percent for a stretch then goes up to a full four heading around the curve on the back side,,, on the left side where it goes down toward the under pass which will be a tunnel is coming off of a two percent,,,, there will also be a tunnel on the upper rail in the back with a siding going to a coal mine,,, If I dont change plans before then,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 087.jpg
    misc5-new 087.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 247

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
one more just for the heck of it,,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 085.jpg
    misc5-new 085.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 245

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
thought I would post another pic of the layout,,, it will probably change a little before i go to laying cork but I think this is pretty close to what I want,,,,I am still going to have a turnout on the far side with a siding going on up a mountian to a small coal mine,,,,,,,, I would have liked a little longer sidings to park cars and full trains on but guess you have to learn to deal with the room you got,,,,,,, I just put enough of the roundhouse together to see if it will fit like I wanted,,,,,still not sure if I will use it or not,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, st

Attachments

• misc5-new 093.jpg
    misc5-new 093.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 188

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
sidetracked said:
just put enough of the roundhouse together to see if it will fit like I wanted,,,,,still not sure if I will use it or not,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, st
It should be every mans lawful right to have at least one roundhouse :rolleyes:
I don´t have any for the time being but I hope things will change soon

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
I got a little more done so thought I would post another pic. I added a reverse loop and a few more sidings. The siding on the left side looks too close to the side but the table is about 1/2 inch taller than the foam so it works ok. I also insulated the last 12 inches of it so I can use it for a programing track. I got the turntable fitted and the motor hooked up to make sure it works, I will wait to fit the tracks and run power to them later. I have more inclines ordered so maybe I can get a little more done in the next couple of weeks. It seems like I have been spending more money on locos than the layout itself lately but so far it has been a lot of fun......... ......... .......... .......... ....... st

Attachments

• ebay 6 010.jpg
    ebay 6 010.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 106

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
I thought I would add a pic of what I got done lately, which isn't much. I decided I needed a longer yard so I took one end of the table apart and added another four foot. It made a lot of difference in the yard plus let me add a reverse loop to that end of the layout. I got my tortosis switch machines in so I'm just about ready to start laying the cork and track, hopefully maybe sometime this year it will start taking a little more shape,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, st

Attachments

• table extensiion.jpg
    table extensiion.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 60

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
A view from the other end. The track is just sitting in place for right now,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, st

Attachments

• table extensiion 022.jpg
    table extensiion 022.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 58