Anniversery gift has jump started my work

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by nkp174, Dec 2, 2007.

1. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

For my anniversary, my wife got my some more scratch building supplies...styrene strips and scribed freight car siding.

I then completed the frame & body work for a 26' On3 flat car and started a 27' gondola. I'm building both with 1/16" pockets in between the decking and the frame...to hold the 4.5oz of lead weight that each car will need.

If I get the frame/sides done on the coal car tomorrow before my Bears play...I'll start on 1 or 2 27' boxcars.

It's great to have some projects going again. I need a few other supplies to finish my previous projects. For Christmas, the Mrs. has gotten on my mother about actually buying me On3 trains/railroad books rather than getting me more clothes :rolleyes: I wonder if the wife will be getting me the new Colorado Central RR book for Christmas.
  2. jesso

jesso Member

1st - Happy Anniversary!
    2nd - Your wife bought you scratch building supplies!:eek: Wow! That is cool. Have fun with your projects.:thumb:
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Your wife knows what you want! That's great! Happy Anniversary and happy modeling!
    Ralph
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Your wifes a keeper:thumb: Happy anniversary.

Loren