Angraf E92

rickity

Hello
I have not posted much in the way of builds here on the Forum.
But I have started working on this again after a brief start last year.
The subject is the E92 by Angraf, of which I am a big fan of their kits.
I must confess, I build ships........but I have always been attracted to the complexity of Rail Engines.
So hopefully, a Electric Locomotive will take shape here.
One point of note, I am a slow builder, very slow........so please bear w/me.:wave:

Attachments

• E92.jpg
    E92.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 115

rickity

Spent today cutting out parts........alot of them that make up the axle housings. 6ea per frame (x2 frames). Put my Japanese Screw Punch to good use as well. Each housing is made up of 32 parts x6 = 192 parts and this will be needed again f/the 2nd frame.
Needless to say, my fingers are abit sore.........some parts have been laminated onto 1,0mm and some onto brystol. I also am using, you will see them glued to one of the main plates f/the housing, Avantcard 1,5mm laser cut bolt heads. So a few photos of this work done today........:thumb:

Attachments

• E92 017.jpg
    E92 017.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 49
  • E92 016.jpg
    E92 016.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 49
  • E92 004.jpg
    E92 004.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 51
  • E92 012.jpg
    E92 012.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 40
  • E92 001.jpg
    E92 001.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 49

silveroxide

Do not worry about being slow, the end will be worth the waiting for. When I build, I spend more time researching for reference than in building. Will be waiting for the engine to take shape. Enjoy and see you around the forum.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
You are off to a good start. The best of luck with all the fiddly bits!!!:mrgreen:

I had fun building my 1/38th scale version of the E94 Electric locomotive.

Are you gonna build the railbed to display your model on ????

rickity

You are off to a good start. The best of luck with all the fiddly bits!!!:mrgreen:

I had fun building my 1/38th scale version of the E94 Electric locomotive.

Are you gonna build the railbed to display your model on ????
Hello Mr King:wave:, enjoyed your thread on the E94.
Yes, I hope to add the completed Engine to a railbed and w/power towers as well like these, from another builder.
Another modeler sent me the diagrams for the towers and I will scratch build the railbed.
:thumb:

Attachments

• 03track.jpg
    03track.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMGP3922.jpg
    IMGP3922.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 40

rickity

:wave:had some time to give a try @ assembly of one of the axle housings........dig my high tech alignment tool........good ole bamboo, you just can't beat the stuff for it's uses.......and I will use it for the axles as well. This still has the front to go on. After all is done, I will follow the honored tradition of painting the frame black. Look close, some pieces were added that did not come in the kit.:thumb:

one down eleven to go:p

RH:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Axle Housing 001.jpg
    Axle Housing 001.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 38

rickity

Here is my next adventure..........much of what you see here is not in the kit. Correct me if I am wrong, believe this to be one of the electric drive motors.

Attachments

• e92_7_treibradsatz.jpg
    e92_7_treibradsatz.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 96

rickity

The completed axle housing........kit parts, some scratch and 1 PE.:wave:

Attachments

• Axle 005.jpg
    Axle 005.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 35

rickity

When I 1st got this kit, I buggard the frame and am having to scratch build that portion of the build from the 2nd frame, please bear w/me, as soon as I can, will post photos of this work.
Rick:thumb: