And the rockets' red glare...

RocketmanTan

Well, I've managed to smooth over some of the..."personal issues", I had whined about in the forums earlier, and thanks to some miraculous scheduling, I've been able to find some free time between studying for Finals.
With the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 coming up, I felt that I should do something special.

...but I cheaped out and decided to do a stupid Congreve Rocket. But hey, it's 1:1, and as we all know, everyone loves having a full-size piece of paper lying about the place!

Anyways, I'm currently having trouble figuring out the markings (if any) as well as detailed plans for the launch frame for the 32-pounder rocket. If anyone has detailed info and/or pics, I'd really appreciate it.

And as a reward, here are some progress pics:

lLzej.png

Gh3Ku.png

Z

Zathros

I never remember you whining about anything. Happy you got through your finals. That comes first. I don't know if the following pictures are of any use. I remember reading that there was a box and elevation was adjusted with it. The pictures explain it better. I remember the British mini-series "Sharpe", showing these being used, excellent series by the way, Sean Bean kicks butt!

I don't think there were any markings, and the types of launchers varied, I'm not enough of a historian to know which applied to the appropriate era, they used them for a long time..

F2.large.jpg

capture2-1-1.jpg

rok3b.gif

SharpeEnemy2.jpg

RocketmanTan

I never remember you whining about anything. Happy you got through your finals. That comes first. I don't know if the following pictures are of any use. I remember reading that there was a box and elevation was adjusted with it. The pictures explain it better. I remember the British mini-series "Sharpe", showing these being used, excellent series by the way, Sean Bean kicks butt!

I don't think there were any markings, and the types of launchers varied, I'm not enough of a historian to know which applied to the appropriate era, they used them for a long time..

F2.large.jpg

capture2-1-1.jpg

rok3b.gif

SharpeEnemy2.jpg

Wow, thanks, Zathros. That first image was an absolute goldmine!

Alright, I rethought the launch table idea, and came up with a simple stand for the model that's styled after the launch scuttles from Rocket vessels like the HMS Erebus.

pY9xY.png