An Interesting New Toy

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
My wife got me a pair of Bushnell binoculars, with a built-in digital camera...So on one of our little jaunts through the country the other day, I gave it a try...
The picture quality isn't that great, but the really cool thing is, I took these pictures from pretty far distances...300yds, to over 1/2 mile...I thought these might be a handy tool for doing field research.
This first one is of a Jim Beam distillery near Boston, KY...

Attachments

• jim beam1 copy.jpg
    jim beam1 copy.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 229

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
This is an old abandoned house off state road 52, near Lyon's Station...

Attachments

• oldhouse.jpg
    oldhouse.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 225

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
here's an outbuilding on a farm at New Hope...

Attachments

• outbld1.jpg
    outbld1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 222

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
You've got to...

...get out more!

That's a neat toy. I always see scenes and want to just capture the feel (with out having to develop film- the expense- did I have the settings right, etc.).

I didn't understand the 2nd shot- but hey- Art is Art, as long as you hang him on the wall, otherwise- he's Matt 'cause he's laying on the floor. If there's a hole in the floor I guess he'd just be Phil.

Nice toy.

I am jealous. Thanks for ruining my life:thumb:

Mark :cool:

correcting a typo

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Charlie,

That's neat, what kind of resolution can you get? I'm assuming that the zoom factor is optical and not digital.

Geeze, a toy that is not only fun, but usefu tool:thumb: :thumb:

Don

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Way too cool!! What will they think of next. Have fun with that new toy charlie.Its pretty great when you as the recipient of a wonderful new toy ,can make all of us the beneficiaries of its abilities :D

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Oooooo!! That IS cool!!! I've seen those in catalogs and drooled a little..slurp. You got a smart wife Charlie..or did you hint for months about that one?!? :D

Like EZ I wonder about the zoom also..optical or digital? The second pic is fuzzy, but you can kinda see a broken down corrugated building-I bet that one is max digital zoom. I've never been real happy with the digital zoom on my digital camera, pixels as big as my 21" monitor...lol :D

A great tool/toy to be sure tho, have fun with it!! (and remember to share your pics here!)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by Blake
Great toy (until his sexy 24 year old neighbor finds out).
Actually, Blake, she's 26...& I guess it's her HUSBAND I should be worried about!:D ;) :p Good thing for both of us I've already GOT a hobby!:D

Thanks for all the comments!
I don't have anything that tells me what the camera's resolution is...it's not very good, as is evident...there is, in effect, no "zoom" it's a 10x optical binocular, with the digital camara fixed at an infinity setting...the camera will not focus on anything closer than about 50'...not too good for photographing the layout, unless it's a really big one! Like Val mentioned, it's big advantage is getting photos of things you can't physicly get close to