Amtrak Photo's

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Here are two photo's that I found of Amtrak that were taken back in 2003. P42DC #141, #75, & #38.

JodyKinsel-Railfest2003-190.jpg

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Thank You Larry.

Your Welcome

The water that you see laying in between tracks 3 & 4 is laying lay most of the year even when it is hot out the water is still there. There used to be 5 tracks running through altoona but when CONRAIL was formed track number 4 was removed and it is down to the four tracks you see now. The main line running out of Altoona is 3 tracks only.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Cool stuff. I remember stopping in Altoona on some trips to Harrisburg about five years ago.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I've been toyin' with the idea of buying the Amtrak P42 diesels and some Superliner cars but (this might sound crazy) unsure what they'd look like on the layout. The engines look...well..pretty futuristic even though they're running around the states now. Anyone run the Kato Amtrak P's and have some pictures of them on their layout? I tried a google search and just didn't find any pictures of these trains on anyone's layout.

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Herc Driver said:
I've been toyin' with the idea of buying the Amtrak P42 diesels and some Superliner cars but (this might sound crazy) unsure what they'd look like on the layout. The engines look...well..pretty futuristic even though they're running around the states now. Anyone run the Kato Amtrak P's and have some pictures of them on their layout? I tried a google search and just didn't find any pictures of these trains on anyone's layout.

Herc,

check Youtube.com. Lots of layouts and today when i was researching amtraks capitol and lake shore limiteds..i found a layout that looked n scale running a beautiful pair of p42's and about 8-10 superliners. really neat. Take a look when you get the chance!