Amtrak California in North Carolina

Herc Driver

I drove past Davidson Repair and was glad I had the camera. There was a newly repainted Dash 8-32BHW in Amtrak California colors rolling out right here in Charlotte! I watched as it pulled out and made its way to the siding right by the Amtrak Ballantyne Station. A P42 pulled up behind with two Viewliners and a baggage car, hooked up, and the two started out on a special Amtrak Carolinian run up to Washington D.C. - about 15 minutes late by my watch. I wonder how long it will stay around the east coast before it's shipped off to the west coast. Oh, just found out from the off-duty crew...That diesel will be sticking around here for a while, more detailing to do at Davidson Repair. Some red warning paint is missing in key areas and some other detailing improvements to be completed.

Attachments

• PA290017.JPG
    PA290017.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 86
  • PA290019.JPG
    PA290019.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
  • PA290029.JPG
    PA290029.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 82
  • PA290039.JPG
    PA290039.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 77

MilesWestern

Hey, I think I actually saw the real unit last friday! :eek: wow! It got VERY far in the last 2 days...over 3000 route miles! :eek: That musta flew there!

CCT70

HA! Cool! I used to work on the REAL CDTX 2051, seeing that model for me is really cool. I seemed to ge that thing as a yard switcher more often than our actual SW-1 (AMTK 736) due to the switchers age, it was always laid up Bad Order. So, we'd use the 2051 or 2052, usually the 2051. Having the nice big GE steps, it made it VERY comfortable to switch with in the coach yard. It was a tad bit slow as a switcher, but I liked it.

VERY cool, thanks for posting that one. I guess one of these days I'll have to break down and buy an HO CDTX 2051 for my desk here in my office.