AMT/Ertl Star Wars AT-ST Walker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
True, you won't see much of it later. However, you could glue a re-scaled print of UHU02's interior into the head to give the illusion of an interior (only the background plates, nothing fully fleshed out, only to cover the grey plastic). Two drivers behind the windows would be a nice touch! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It will take some serous painting to bring this to life. Having seen your work, I know your up to the task. Using UHU parts or the interior is a good idea. I have done so with airplane models I used to build that came with lame interiors, and exceptionally clear canopies. It's amazing how much it adds, especially with the top door open, and light shining in. :)

p.s. My Monogram "Lil' Coffin" came in. My thought of reverse engineering it into a paper model has me scratching my head so hard, I may have another hole in my head soon!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
sorry I haven't posted anything here in a while, but my life is in flux and it's hard to find time to sit down and work on anything at present. I'll get back to work on this soon.

I'm sill planing on a small scene with the walker and a ground squad, will be done up right, I've got the base and ground cover figured out, now to get the home made paint booth done and get back to work...
:)

micahrogers

Staff member
a quick update today, the feces flying around my life has settled down a little.
in the first pic I've made the rough cut of the donor kits gun mantlet...
SW ATST_41.JPG

and the gun mantlet reglued to it's new size.
SW ATST_45.JPG and the legs glued together and torso glued ready for seem sanding and greebeling.
SW ATST_42.JPG

progress has been slow, but I'm still workin on it...

more later

micahrogers

Staff member
Upon further review... I've decided against an interior on this as it would be invisible...
DSCN0442_001.JPG
with the gun mantle shown in place, not glued yet just test fitted for size. Also in this pic you can see the nasty seam on the torso section.

DSCN0443_002.JPG
in this pic you can see the dimple in the front armor plate, and the sheet polystyrene piece I cut to cover it, makes it look like applique armor plates

DSCN0444_003.JPG
and with the applique armor glued in place.

More to come...

micahrogers

Staff member
seam filling and rough sanding, then primer coat applied and it shows a few places that need more filling and sanding.
in the first image we see the primed gun mantlet and it's seam is virtually invisible
AT ST_004.JPG
the second image shows the seam on the torso is also gone.
AT ST_005.JPG
The cheek armor of the head shows a small section of the seam that needs to be addressed.
AT ST_006.JPG AT ST_007.JPG
and different angles of the torso
AT ST_008.JPG AT ST_009.JPG
and the re sanded cheek armor
AT ST_010.JPG AT ST_011.JPG
next will be re primed and checked again.

More to come.

micahrogers

Staff member
starting shots of the crewman and ground troops
AT ST_012.JPG AT ST_013.JPG
and the cheeck armor re primed, still shows a small seem left
AT ST_014.JPG
while the other side looks great
AT ST_015.JPG
front and top,
AT ST_016.JPG
and started work on finishing out the sections of the leg that are missing from the kit.
AT ST_017.JPG AT ST_018.JPG
and my new seem filler of choice.
AT ST_019.JPG

more to come.

micahrogers

Staff member
A short update...
The crewman assembled seams filled and primed, then first coat of flesh
AT ST_020.JPG
and washed with flesh shade
AT ST_021.JPG
and highlighted
AT ST_022.JPG
and eyes started
AT ST_023.JPG
and everything being packed up...
AT ST_024.JPG
Life has thrown more feces at me and I have to dodge again...
was given two moths notice to move from my current leased house, looking for new house and packing everything up...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! That's a lot smaller than I realized! It's probably going to look great at that scale. :)