Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show

rekline

Oct 20, 2006
Somewhere in New England
I was there, Not sure I saw everything but saw most of it. Got a good deal on some Bowser Hoppers and Boxcars, My daughter and I built a boxcar at one of the clinics, She thought that was really cool and was very proud of her final work, I thought she did a great job weathering it, It looks dirty but not painted dirty. One of the guys running the big layouts, let her run the train for a little while, My hats off to them for letting her do that, I think it was the Pepperell siding Model Railroad Club. Thanks, you made her day. Some of the modelling that the different groups did was fantastic. Your right so much to buy, but not enough money. Great Show!!!!!!!!

diesel

Aug 29, 2005
NYC
www.empirevalleyrr.org
hey all,

I went with some members from our club. It was overwhelming. I did find some of what I was looking for at a pretty good price though.

Just seeing the layouts is a lot of fun too. The O scale layout was impressive even though I'm into HO. 9 SF units (-8s -9s and SD75Is) pulling a long intermodal, 2 SD70ACes and 2 -9s pulling a grain train ect.

I'm glad I went!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Missed it this year. Will catch it next year.
Talked to a couple of guys at work that did(and have gone), and said this was probably the best one yet.

Man...I sure miss that operating hump yard......I could watch for hours!