Americas Cup boats....anyone????

727engineer

May 9, 2007
Cairns Australia
Anyone given thought to the Americas Cup boats?
BMW Oracle and Alinghi?
I think they would be an awesome pair of models, but I unfortunately lack the skill required to do the job....

cgutzmer

May 30, 2006
Sun Prairie WI
www.ecardmodels.com
how about waterline models? people that are really into it can have a mini regatta in their living room as they watch :)

But yeah - HIGHLY unlikely to get actual keel info, I do happen to disagree about making the hulls though, if we can make aircraft carrier hulls and whatnot we can make a yacht hull ;) although any keel would be killer, it would just take some effort :)
Chris

Kai Ju

Apr 26, 2009
I saw the title to this thread and almost tripped over myself clicking on it.
But I'm thinking more historic, along the lines of the Yacht America vintage of boats.

I'm fairly new to paper craft but would love to try my hand at
Yacht America, or the Bluenose, if it exists.
Plans for those are available.....

Kai Ju

Kai Ju

Apr 26, 2009
Yacht America

I did find one.
Made by Schreiber Bogen of Germany.
Since I'm a newbie I can't post a link but just Google Schreiber Bogen
or look in Amazon.
Very pricey though at $ 29.99 through Amazon.

Kai Ju

twinslet

May 23, 2004
A few years back, I bought a plastic display model of the Aussie 2 (complete with boxing kangaroo flag) through Ebay from a bloke in Australia. It's about 16 inches long and 18 - 20 inches tall. It has a very low level of detail but does include the wing keel. Does not seem that the hull is too difficult to model but I am definitely not a designer. Most of the yacht models are solo rounding boats, not true racing types. Too bad.