Amazed friends

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kf4jqd, Jul 10, 2001.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hello All:

This past 4th of July, I had alot of friends that came to the house. Every single one of them asked,"Lets see the trains." So, I should them. Boy, were they amazed! They said,"So this is what you did this past winter on your layoff."

I was might pleased. Their looks on thier faces. Where simular to a little boys on Christmas Day! Of course, I did run the trains for them.

You must remember, Wisconsin is a beer drinking state with ALOT of bars. During the winter, my friends go bar hoping on thier snowmoiles. While I sit at home and work on my trains. I would rather crash my train than crash a snowmobile and die!

So does anyone else has a friend or family member that likes to see your trains?

Andy
  2. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Sure do! And they fight over who is gunna have the first drive! You dont' notice your own layout grow, just like the dog you have since a puppy, but visitors seem to notice how much "the puppy" has grown and how much work you have done since last time. And I dont think I've done much at all!!!

TOOT!
  3. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Woodie:

I strongly agree. It looks like to me that is. I haven't done much to my layout. To everyone else, I spent alot of time at it and should be done. There is a 4x4 foot area that I spend most of my time at. That area never seems to be finished!

When they ask me how much money have I spent on it? They are shocked by the answer. I spend $20 to $50 a week unless I ordered something that cost more. I just remind them that they drink thier money away while the local hobby shoppe takes mine!

Andy
  4. George

George Member

Gee Andy,

I drink too, and I never crashed my skidoo and died!

But then again I don't have a skidoo......

But then again, I HAVE crashed my train while stone cold sober....AND DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

George.
  5. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hey George!

What I was trying to get at. My friends complains that they have no money. Plus they they can't figure where their pay checks go. I can. Look at the layout!

It's sure nice to hear from you again George. Have you been sick or enjoying this nice summer weather?

Andy