Am I in over my head? - Novice needing HELP!

Namrepus221

OK... I think I have bitten off more than I can possibly chew here.

I'm trying to build the model of the Seaduck from Tailspin that I found on here for a friend for his birthday/christmas present.

Unfortunately I've never built a model before and am going literally into this blind.

I can't tell how the heck you're supposed to assemble internally glueable parts as there are no instructions.

I've printed the model on regular Staples Multipurpose paper, and am using Elmers White School Glue to put it together.

Am I really in over my head? Can I possibly build this with what I have or am I totally and utterly screwed in trying to finish it?

Please help... I"m realyl scared to admit I've been doing this wrong the entire time and should probably just give it up now.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Well, first, reprint on cardstock (get it at wal-mart). second, you have a pdo; that is your instruction/reference. third, Contact Millennium Falsehood; as he is the original designer. Looking at the original thread, you should not have too much problem building this.

RocketmanTan

think of it as a jigsaw puzzle sign1 Build the simple pieces first and slowly advance to the harder pieces. Eventually, you'll get a feel of the designer's...design :rolleyes:, which will help in figuring out where to put what.

As for me, I'm planning on "kitbashing" a longcat scarf for a friend of mine. I've never tried knitting before, although I plan to use a cannibalized kitty plushie. So far, I cannot find any stuffed cat that will do the job :confused:

Hoped this helped, and good luck! :thumb:

--Bryan "opposite over adjacent" Tan

goodduck

Your first model? I would say so. Think you should build something more simple first. Start with something easy like cubee characters or Rommy first, and work your way up to the harder stuff.