almost gave up

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Relic, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Relic

Relic Member

Yessir,nearly gave up. I'm not knacky when it comes to computers at the best of times,so when I came accross the new zealot home page and found it had no access to index I nearly quit,wasn't on for almost two weeks{Iwas going through my "bookmark",then I tried googeling "the Gauge" and walla there it was.
    Did you miss me?
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - we did! :D :D We still have some errant members out there and we have no idea who they might be, since a lot of members don't post every day. Thanks for taking the time to find us all again!!
  3. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Welcome back! I must admit, I'm also having a bit of frustration now ... After typing in www.the-gauge.com the usual list of recent MRR postings no longer comes up. Instead, a list of all hobby/Zealot forum postings appears & I have to sort or wade through it till I find The Gauge/MRR section.

At any rate, I still manage to find my way around by trial-and-error. Trial-and-error is how is usually solve most of my problems, especially with computers AND MRR issues!
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I put a new bookmark for the Gauge. I like the forum to open on the Gauge forum index page. I find the new posts by visiting the sections of the forum that I usually frequent and note the "new posts" icons on the left margin. When it changed a while back and the old bookmark suddenly took me to a page with all of the new postings from all of the Zealot hobby forums, I just found something from the Gauge and opened it. Then I could go back to the index from the top of the page and made a new bookmark.
  5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I edited my profile to drop most of the non-railroad forums (I left the admin ones in, for some reason) so now I just hit the main page and "new posts".
  6. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

This sounds like a great idea -- I think I'll try this when I get a chance.

[Psst -- Have you have a chance to check my new pics on my "Rivarossi kit-bashing" thread? :mrgreen: Thanks!]

Cheers, Rob