All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

10,000 for an Enterprise E model is ... not for the mentally stable.

The Cristies action is proof of how much Paramount feels about StarTrek. It's a wonder Gene does'nt come back and destroy them all with fiery breath and wrath.
  2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

ok, its been a lil while coming for this update! sorry.

I finally saw the finished beta today and was very happy with it!:) there are only a few issues to address with it and then it will finally be ready.

the smaller version that is part of the "scaled set" (as well as the constitution-II, and excelsior classes) is finished but im waiting of the complete set to be done before i release any of those. the much larger precision models will be released as completed however!

I dont think i ver set down for all of you my finalized scales and sizes for the whole set, but here is how i plan to procede

approx sizes-l/w/h in inches sized-set,scale-1/1250
    NX 7/4/1
    CONSTITUTION 9/4/2.25
    CONSTITUTION-II 9.6/4.5/2.25
    EXCELSIOR-II 14.75/5.75/2.5
    AMBASSADOR 16.5/10.25/4
    GALAXY 20.25/14.5/4.25
    SOVEREIGN 21.5/7.5/2.5
    INTREPID(maybe) 10.75/4.5/2

big-size scales vary, scale-l/w/h
    NX 1/438-20.25/11.5/3
    CONSTITUTION 1/562-20.25/9/5
    CONSTITUTION-II 1/593-20.25/9.5/5
    EXCELSIOR-II 1/915-20.25/8/3.25
    AMBASSADOR 1/1024-20.25/12.5/5
    GALAXY 1/1250-20.25/14.5/4.25
    SOVEREIGN 1/1333-20.25/7/2.5
    INTREPID(maybe) 1/666-20.25/8.5/4

for obvious reasons the galaxy and ambassador will only have 1 model created, and I originally planed on the large set having matched saucer sizes, but later decided that overall length matching would be much more appropriate. at first my scale for that was at 1/1000 for the -E version and had a length of 27" but decided to bump that down a lil.

also as you see I'm also thinking about adding the voyager ship to the list, and am also toying with adding some sort of mortal-enemy ship for each of the scaled-to-same-size-set: i/e-bird of prey for the constitution2, or romulan warbird for galaxy?
    im still mulling this one over, as im not even finised with the 1st big one yet-BUT most of the others are much simpler in design. just the NX, excelsior, and sovereign have excessive hull variance. to the others will go much faster than this one did :grin: (thank god!).

ok that seems like enough of a mouthfull for now, i'll probably preview the release version in next update!
  3. OylPslyk

ok, its been a lil while coming for this update! sorry.

I finally saw the finished beta today and was very happy with it!:) there are only a few issues to address with it and then it will finally be ready.

the smaller version that is part of the "scaled set" (as well as the constitution-II, and excelsior classes) is finished but im waiting of the complete set to be done before i release any of those. the much larger precision models will be released as completed however!

I dont think i ver set down for all of you my finalized scales and sizes for the whole set, but here is how i plan to procede

approx sizes-l/w/h in inches sized-set,scale-1/1250
    NX 7/4/1
    CONSTITUTION 9/4/2.25
    CONSTITUTION-II 9.6/4.5/2.25
    EXCELSIOR-II 14.75/5.75/2.5
    AMBASSADOR 16.5/10.25/4
    GALAXY 20.25/14.5/4.25
    SOVEREIGN 21.5/7.5/2.5
    INTREPID(maybe) 10.75/4.5/2

big-size scales vary, scale-l/w/h
    NX 1/438-20.25/11.5/3
    CONSTITUTION 1/562-20.25/9/5
    CONSTITUTION-II 1/593-20.25/9.5/5
    EXCELSIOR-II 1/915-20.25/8/3.25
    AMBASSADOR 1/1024-20.25/12.5/5
    GALAXY 1/1250-20.25/14.5/4.25
    SOVEREIGN 1/1333-20.25/7/2.5
    INTREPID(maybe) 1/666-20.25/8.5/4

for obvious reasons the galaxy and ambassador will only have 1 model created, and I originally planed on the large set having matched saucer sizes, but later decided that overall length matching would be much more appropriate. at first my scale for that was at 1/1000 for the -E version and had a length of 27" but decided to bump that down a lil.

also as you see I'm also thinking about adding the voyager ship to the list, and am also toying with adding some sort of mortal-enemy ship for each of the scaled-to-same-size-set: i/e-bird of prey for the constitution2, or romulan warbird for galaxy?
    im still mulling this one over, as im not even finised with the 1st big one yet-BUT most of the others are much simpler in design. just the NX, excelsior, and sovereign have excessive hull variance. to the others will go much faster than this one did :grin: (thank god!).

ok that seems like enough of a mouthfull for now, i'll probably preview the release version in next update!
  4. OylPslyk

not to fret just yet! lol

just to mention: the next 3 models in the series will each be finished in rapid succession!(i hope) designs are finished for both constitutions, excelsior, and the galaxy as well: they just need to be parted out.8) and for the ambassador class- I have still never taken too close a look at it yet but it seems to be on the same level as the galaxy as far as hull detail so it should be a rather quick one to knock out too.
    only the sovereign and intrepid have design detail on the same level as what i was wrestling with with nx and excelsior! but we'll slay that beast when we get there!
  5. OylPslyk

not to fret just yet! lol

just to mention: the next 3 models in the series will each be finished in rapid succession!(i hope) designs are finished for both constitutions, excelsior, and the galaxy as well: they just need to be parted out.8) and for the ambassador class- I have still never taken too close a look at it yet but it seems to be on the same level as the galaxy as far as hull detail so it should be a rather quick one to knock out too.
    only the sovereign and intrepid have design detail on the same level as what i was wrestling with with nx and excelsior! but we'll slay that beast when we get there!
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???? I want to see these beauties or is this some version of torture or way of inducing a Pavlovian response to see how big a puddle of drool you can create without even showing anything?
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???? I want to see these beauties or is this some version of torture or way of inducing a Pavlovian response to see how big a puddle of drool you can create without even showing anything?
  8. OylPslyk

lol, sorry bout the puddles!

i dont even have any pics of the new beta I forgot to take camera when i saw it! sorry!

Im attempting to create the final version in 3d, which I have little experience with so im on a learning curve! but since this one is just re-creating what ive already designed hopefully wont take too much longer. if all goes well im going to do all the rest this way.

Ill try to get some pics soon!
  9. OylPslyk

lol, sorry bout the puddles!

i dont even have any pics of the new beta I forgot to take camera when i saw it! sorry!

Im attempting to create the final version in 3d, which I have little experience with so im on a learning curve! but since this one is just re-creating what ive already designed hopefully wont take too much longer. if all goes well im going to do all the rest this way.

Ill try to get some pics soon!
  10. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey OylPslyk

Your type of design work is WAY above my skill set.. Great work! Looking forward your progress.

:-D
  11. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

OylPslyk, Have you any progress for us?

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  12. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Ron Caudillo's Enterprise Bridge

Hi all,
    I've been catching up on reading the forums as I've been EXTREEMLY busy for a while.

I designed the Enterprise Bridge that is on Jon Leslie's website (and a GREAT guy he is- I highly recommend donations to his site). I drew up the plans in AutoCAD and imported them into CorelDraw for coloring and page layout. I had been working on a super scale version of this in response to an e-mail I recieved, but have not finished it yet. it is designed to be printed out on 11 x 17 paper so you don't have 50 million pieces to assemble. I would be willing to scale down the plans (or let someone else do this) if you want. Please note that MUCH detail would be lost though.

You can e-mail me at: ronaldcaudillo@yahoo.com or rcaudillo@nbstech.com

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  13. OylPslyk

Sorry about the extended delay, but I am happy to oblige with an update.

Progress has slowed considerably as i began to experiment with 3d in rhino, but I began to grow frustrated with that and have gone back to what i KNOW...:oops: but as I have been expesially busy lately I am still the the process of Parting things out but into the new year I will be able to put my focus back mainly onto this thing, but still significant work HAS been done! Im including a couple of screengrabs. Once I get my attention fully on this thing I hope that there's only a few weeks of work left until it is FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY ready:-? 8)

anyway here a screengrab of my layout, and a preview of some parts sheets (although I have tried to hide the actual parts-layout of the overall model a lil but by turning on the artwork layers too)hee hee, gotta leave a lil mystery!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

anyway thats about it for now, wish me luck in finishin this one,

oh yeah, the 1701-a is almost done too, but im gonna hold off on pics untill this ones finished
    -Also to Ron, Just how big is your large scale bridge? earlier i was toying with the idea of making a cutaway version of one of these..........
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

And What are you using to do this? The pictures of model looks impresive.
  15. OylPslyk

Just plane-jane 2dCAD.:grin:
  16. OylPslyk

I now have an almost complete part-set done, but artwork is far from finished.... anyone willing to build a test out there?, send me an email if your willing. the beta-ready should be ready a few days after christmas.
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Jeez ... with detail like that I'm almost expecting to see portholes with clear covers showing rooms inside.

It does look good. Is there going to be an issue with creating the ships in scale with each other should you progress with the next one?
  18. OylPslyk

Cue the Fanfare and Trumpets!!!

Tada!!! im finally gonna release the beta!!!

I had hoped to get a lil more of it built first so I can work on the part numbering and instructions,and get a little editing done... but ive had so little time to build lately.....

and by the way steve- on the images I was working from you could see interior and even funiture through the portholes!!!-but for now all ive done is show them with either lights on or off, lol. late will come led-s

anyway im still not too happy with the paintjob, so im including a B/W version too, just extract the images if you feel like painting it yourself.

View attachment 5931
    View attachment 5932

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

19. OylPslyk

and a few pics of what ive built so far

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. OylPslyk

Holy Cow!!! I just now noticed how may hits this thread has!!!!!!!!!

I hope this doesnt dissapoint!:cry: heehee