All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

My Fav movie was always ST-IV, even though it was invisible most of the time i always loved the bird of prey...,

btw-heres a rough look at the ambassador class, ive also done work on the "All good things" variation of galaxy, as well as begining work on the separation details, heres some peeks.

View attachment 10392

View attachment 10393

View attachment 10394
  2. OylPslyk

My Fav movie was always ST-IV, even though it was invisible most of the time i always loved the bird of prey...,

btw-heres a rough look at the ambassador class, ive also done work on the "All good things" variation of galaxy, as well as begining work on the separation details, heres some peeks.

View attachment 10392

View attachment 10393

View attachment 10394
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Don't forget that massive phaser on the underside of the All Good Things D-model that could shoot clean through a Klingon Battle Cruiser!
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Don't forget that massive phaser on the underside of the All Good Things D-model that could shoot clean through a Klingon Battle Cruiser!
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's easy to like the ships and nothing more.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's easy to like the ships and nothing more.
  7. OylPslyk

im still working out all the extra parts... and also - after studyin pics of the ilm model i swear all 3 nacelles line up in a row,
    buuuuuut EVERY single fan-created image or planset of it that i've found has the middle nacelle much further forward... would anyone happen to know for sure where its placed? there just arent any good "dead on" angles of it in any images ive round up.

btw-wasnt the "g2" also used in an episode or 2 in voyager?? i could have sworn it was.
  8. OylPslyk

im still working out all the extra parts... and also - after studyin pics of the ilm model i swear all 3 nacelles line up in a row,
    buuuuuut EVERY single fan-created image or planset of it that i've found has the middle nacelle much further forward... would anyone happen to know for sure where its placed? there just arent any good "dead on" angles of it in any images ive round up.

btw-wasnt the "g2" also used in an episode or 2 in voyager?? i could have sworn it was.
  9. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Exactly :D
  10. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Exactly :D
  11. panzer

panzer Member

Although even the official "Fact Files" show the nacelles further forward, it looks like there was used a smaller third nacelle in this side view:

[​IMG]

To your second question: I think you mean the U.S.S. Challenger from the Voyager episode "Timeless", commanded by Geordi LaForge. Although the ship was intended to appear in a later future (2390) than the AGT Enterprise-D (2385), it is the "normal" two-nacelle variant.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. panzer

panzer Member

Although even the official "Fact Files" show the nacelles further forward, it looks like there was used a smaller third nacelle in this side view:

[​IMG]

To your second question: I think you mean the U.S.S. Challenger from the Voyager episode "Timeless", commanded by Geordi LaForge. Although the ship was intended to appear in a later future (2390) than the AGT Enterprise-D (2385), it is the "normal" two-nacelle variant.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. OylPslyk

that very image may be the one that makes everyone put them forward...
    its not a true orthographic image, only a point of view. dead on is at the center of mass, and from that angle the front of the nacelles look to match, but the angle to the rear of them is so that they appear much displaced.
    i meant to use that exact photo in my ealier post... but there are many others, here are a few better looks at this area. judge for yourselves.

View attachment 10411

View attachment 10412

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414
    These clearly show the 3rd nacelle is both uniform in size, and further back than any plans indicate... ex.
    View attachment 10417
    all plans i know are similar to this view, and it clearly shows this nacelle FAR forward, with the aft of the 2ndary deck clearly visible behind it... but in the actual images this is not possible and evidence to my eyes puts all 3 aligned.
    ALSO in the last image where the whole assembly is behing held up- the placement of where the pylon connects to it, using just that alone as a refernce with the earlier posted photo also aligns all 3 nacelles. to reach them forward would put the placement nearly on its (the nacelle) butt.
    But this is enough ranting on my part for now...8)

Also no, I was thinking i saw this ship in a voyager episode... one of the many alternate -universe/time/dimension- episodes. i havent seen the All Good Things TNG-ender since it aired, and of all the many ships that only saw a single episode i cant believe this one sticks in my memory the way it does...(that and it had a pretty kewl maneuver on screen: corkscrewing up firing that big phaser)

AAAAnnnnnnyyyywayyyyyy... Im gonna get back to tryin to finish up the 1701-B now

pps: I just dont think this project is ever gonna end..:twisted: It just keeps growin... I now have also started prelim work on the class variants:
    Miranda
    Nebula
    as well as:
    Oberth
    Defiant
    Klingon Bird of Prey
    Romulan Bird of Prey (finished, Revising)
    D7
    Ktinga
    Spaceball 1
    (ok not really spaceball 1, but i might as well with everthing else im throwin in!!)

:cry: Star Treks gonna scramble my grey matter!!!:cry: lol
  14. OylPslyk

that very image may be the one that makes everyone put them forward...
    its not a true orthographic image, only a point of view. dead on is at the center of mass, and from that angle the front of the nacelles look to match, but the angle to the rear of them is so that they appear much displaced.
    i meant to use that exact photo in my ealier post... but there are many others, here are a few better looks at this area. judge for yourselves.

View attachment 10411

View attachment 10412

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414
    These clearly show the 3rd nacelle is both uniform in size, and further back than any plans indicate... ex.
    View attachment 10417
    all plans i know are similar to this view, and it clearly shows this nacelle FAR forward, with the aft of the 2ndary deck clearly visible behind it... but in the actual images this is not possible and evidence to my eyes puts all 3 aligned.
    ALSO in the last image where the whole assembly is behing held up- the placement of where the pylon connects to it, using just that alone as a refernce with the earlier posted photo also aligns all 3 nacelles. to reach them forward would put the placement nearly on its (the nacelle) butt.
    But this is enough ranting on my part for now...8)

Also no, I was thinking i saw this ship in a voyager episode... one of the many alternate -universe/time/dimension- episodes. i havent seen the All Good Things TNG-ender since it aired, and of all the many ships that only saw a single episode i cant believe this one sticks in my memory the way it does...(that and it had a pretty kewl maneuver on screen: corkscrewing up firing that big phaser)

AAAAnnnnnnyyyywayyyyyy... Im gonna get back to tryin to finish up the 1701-B now

pps: I just dont think this project is ever gonna end..:twisted: It just keeps growin... I now have also started prelim work on the class variants:
    Miranda
    Nebula
    as well as:
    Oberth
    Defiant
    Klingon Bird of Prey
    Romulan Bird of Prey (finished, Revising)
    D7
    Ktinga
    Spaceball 1
    (ok not really spaceball 1, but i might as well with everthing else im throwin in!!)

:cry: Star Treks gonna scramble my grey matter!!!:cry: lol
  15. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

the nacelles should be the same size, and aligned. the apparent smaller size in the panzer's picture is an illusion due to the effect of perspective and image distortion caused by the wide angle and distance of the camera lens when the photo of the side view was taken. oylpylsk's other photos (especially the first one) show that the nacelles are all of the same size and alignment.
  16. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

the nacelles should be the same size, and aligned. the apparent smaller size in the panzer's picture is an illusion due to the effect of perspective and image distortion caused by the wide angle and distance of the camera lens when the photo of the side view was taken. oylpylsk's other photos (especially the first one) show that the nacelles are all of the same size and alignment.
  17. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Dude, I'd worship you if you made a Spaceball 1! I chuckle every time I watch the opening sequence of SPACEBALLS and the ship just goes on and on and on and on and on. . .ad infinitum. The only downside is having to cut out and past all those greeblies.
  18. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

The Eagle 5 (Flying Winnabago) would be cool too.
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Maybe someone should start a Spaceballs set, like the Enterprise set: Spaceball 1, Eagle 5, Mercedez SEL Limited Edition, Megamaid, Spaceball City, and the Space Diner(complete with a tiny Eagle 5 and Spaceballs: the Placemat). I wonder who'd be willing to do this. . .
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

awww Megamaid is only gonna go from suck ta blow anyway.