All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Except for maybe the Sovereign the A model has always been my favorite. I'm looking forward to this.
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

3. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

I'm not a star tek fan, (Love and peace smug space hippie commie pinkos... grr Han all the way) but I can't wait for the ambassador class. Dunno why but I like that ship.
  4. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

I'm not a star tek fan, (Love and peace smug space hippie commie pinkos... grr Han all the way) but I can't wait for the ambassador class. Dunno why but I like that ship.
  5. panzer

panzer Member

But there is one thing I don't understand:

If you don't like Star Trek, why do you like the Ambassador Class of all Trek ships? It is quite unknown to "Non-Trekkies" and, as far as I remember, it has been shown just in two of 179 episodes of "The Next Generation" and in a few short mass scenes in Deep Space Nine. Is it possible that you are more familiar to the series than you have tried to make us believe? Or did you even watch the whole series although you didn't like it?:wink:
  6. panzer

panzer Member

But there is one thing I don't understand:

If you don't like Star Trek, why do you like the Ambassador Class of all Trek ships? It is quite unknown to "Non-Trekkies" and, as far as I remember, it has been shown just in two of 179 episodes of "The Next Generation" and in a few short mass scenes in Deep Space Nine. Is it possible that you are more familiar to the series than you have tried to make us believe? Or did you even watch the whole series although you didn't like it?:wink:
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Actually, the Ambassador-class was my favorite design before I became a Trek fan. How weird is that?

Btw, Trek has some pretty spectacular battle sequences in DS9, TNG, and some of the movies. TNG was the only really "peace, love, dope" kinda series. :D
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Actually, the Ambassador-class was my favorite design before I became a Trek fan. How weird is that?

Btw, Trek has some pretty spectacular battle sequences in DS9, TNG, and some of the movies. TNG was the only really "peace, love, dope" kinda series. :D
  9. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Yeah but DS9 suffered badly from Babylon 5 disease. The story pacing was so SLOW Give me Firefly and BSG anyday.... and a ambassador class paper model tomorrow ;)
  10. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Yeah but DS9 suffered badly from Babylon 5 disease. The story pacing was so SLOW Give me Firefly and BSG anyday.... and a ambassador class paper model tomorrow ;)
  11. Millenniumfalsehood

I'l grant you that. :D Watch The Wrath of Khan. The pacing is just right, you don't need to be a trekkie to understand it, and it's got Kristie Alley when she was HOT. :twisted:
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

13. Millenniumfalsehood

I'l grant you that. :D Watch The Wrath of Khan. The pacing is just right, you don't need to be a trekkie to understand it, and it's got Kristie Alley when she was HOT. :twisted:
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

15. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Oh I'm not knocking the original movies, 1 - 4 were great. V'ger was and still the best piece of SFX I've ever seen.
  16. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Oh I'm not knocking the original movies, 1 - 4 were great. V'ger was and still the best piece of SFX I've ever seen.
  17. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Well I'm not a fan but it's hard to ignore a show when it's on syndication practically ALL the time over here. Given a choice between the news, ANOTHER reality show or the bloody simpsons I'd rather watch Star Trek. But to be honest I do find the series a bit slow and preachy. In other words if there was a choice I'd prefer BSG or Firefly. Not that I'm knocking it if thats what u prefer of course!

Besides Adama could kick picards arse :p lol
  18. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Well I'm not a fan but it's hard to ignore a show when it's on syndication practically ALL the time over here. Given a choice between the news, ANOTHER reality show or the bloody simpsons I'd rather watch Star Trek. But to be honest I do find the series a bit slow and preachy. In other words if there was a choice I'd prefer BSG or Firefly. Not that I'm knocking it if thats what u prefer of course!

Besides Adama could kick picards arse :p lol
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Now there I agree with you! :D Not only is Adama a better commander(watch the TNG episode "War Games" and you'll know what I'm talking about), but it also helps that his ship is four times the mass of the Enterprise-D.
  20. Millenniumfalsehood

Now there I agree with you! :D Not only is Adama a better commander(watch the TNG episode "War Games" and you'll know what I'm talking about), but it also helps that his ship is four times the mass of the Enterprise-D.