All sorts of Stations

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
And to finish Carregado - Alenquer. This is where the first train in Portugal arrived in 1856, in a locomotive called "Portugal" bought to the British. Poor loco, was very tired in that first journey, because she was the only loco in Portugal and helped in the building of our first railroad.

Attachments

• im0012612.jpg
    im0012612.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 130

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Glad your are back safe Bob looking forward to you BIG picture post:D :D

Hi Xaneil, Lovley photos and I LOVE the overhead.
Cheers:D

Thanks Paul Did you visit my home town??
That station has been greatly improved, the last time I was on that platform was when Sue and I headed out to Birmingham 1980 to face the immigration interview for our intended move to Canada.
Good Memories;)

cpr_paul

Jul 2, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Originally posted by interurben
Thanks Paul Did you visit my home town??
That station has been greatly improved, the last time I was on that platform was when Sue and I headed out to Birmingham 1980 to face the immigration interview for our intended move to Canada.
Good Memories;)

I've got family just north of Manchester, in Chorley (Lancashire). I always enjoy a day-trip into Manchester to look around, and take a ride on the tram!

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Sorry I missed you Bob. I've just opened an internet cafe this week, so that did take a little bit of priority. Can't leave it really, as I run the whole show.

Hope you had a fab time in Australia and got to see heaps and of course, ride some TOOTs. :)
Let us all know which ones. :)

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Does this qualify? It used to be the Wexford (PA) station on the Pittsburgh, Harmony, Butler & New Castle Railway (interurban line). It was moved a couple hundred yards, and is now a post office.
George

Attachments

• wexford station 1 -.jpg
    wexford station 1 -.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 97

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by George D
Does this qualify? It used to be the Wexford (PA) station on the Pittsburgh, Harmony, Butler & New Castle Railway (interurban line). It was moved a couple hundred yards, and is now a post office.
George
I guess we can accept that :D :D a large amount of Railroad Stations were also the Post Office (Pony Express) in a lot of towns.

Great Pic!!!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
A lot of old railroad stations have been converted to other uses. There is one in Yorba Linda that is now the chamber of commerce building I think. I think that one in Brea is now a real estate office. The old U.P. Station in Fullerton was actually moved across the tracks and is now an "Old Spaghetti Factory" restaraunt. The old Pacific Electric Station in Fullerton was moved about 1/2 block farther and became a Knowlwoods restaraunt. Most old depots can be easily recognised as depots even if they are used for something else.

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Only today I have found this thread... I couldn't help posting a few pictures myself... The first one of the station I'm moddeling... Cacém... in the suburban line of Lisbon to Sintra...

complete with overhead, Chris... hope you like it...

Attachments

• p1020107.jpg
    p1020107.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 84