All sorts of Stations

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Here are two views of the station at Gaylordsville, CT, on the Housatonic RR. It was built as a combination station and hotel. It is now a smal museum.

This is the roadside view.
photofile-vi.jpg

And trackside.
1-vi.jpg

The track, barely visible on the far left of the picture, is still an active freight line.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
WOW WOW and WOW again

Great stuff I just got back from my first day working after small knee surgery. and found all these post`s re Stations GREAT:D
Wonderful STUFF thanks.
Here is one from Dick aka Clerk, He was having trouble uploading so I hope I can help out.
Here goesssssss.

I DID it:p

Attachments

• old sp depot at esparto jpeg.jpeg
    old sp depot at esparto jpeg.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 206

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
These are absolutly fantastic pictures of depot/stations! Like Shamus they have given me some great ideas for scratch building and kit bashing. This has been one of the areas that I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do or how to do it, but looking at these pics have answered more questions than I could have raised in half a dozen threads. Great work guys! :) :) :)

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Thanks Chris for posting that for me.

That is a old old SP station in Esparto, Ca. The Tracks have long been gone. Everytime I ask somebody about it they all say they don't know that it was there when they moved here. Will try the Library in a few days.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Originally posted by Bob Collins
Woodie;

Your picture of the platform at Tocumwal. What are the levers on the right of the platform/picture next to the building?

Bob

Bob,

Those levers are (well, were) for the points and signals. A cable/pulley system that went under the platform and alongside the track. Just like a signal box. These ones are at Duneedo (central NSW), and still used today.

DunedooSignalBox.JPG

and the platform at Dunedoo. The Dunedoo "Signal Box" is to the right of the main building.

DunedooStation.JPG

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Thanks Woodie. I thought that might be what they are, but it never hurts to ask. I've seen similar ones in Europe a number of years ago.

I'm sure looking forward to my XPT "adventure" in about six weeks.

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Just reviewing those pics, and I just sorta noticed that the ones I post, there's not even a slight hill in sight. Most others are all hills, ravines, ir even just a slight rise in the landscape beside the building or whatever.

Mine? Nup. (well, a bit, way off in the distance, of the Albury platform pic)

Australia is a very flat place.

Makes a layout very easy to landscape. :):):eek:

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
and finally this one. It's not exactly a train depot, but it is a "ticket office". I just loved it when I saw it, and had to have a picture of it. Its from the small town "Aqua Caliente" at the bottom of the mountain at Machu-Picchu in the jungle in Peru.

Jesper

Attachments

• img_0351.jpg
    img_0351.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 177

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
This Bessemer, Alabama, station is now the city's historic museum. The tracks to the right of the fence are still very active with an average of at least one freight per hour (NS)and two Amtrak passenger trains per day.

bessemersta2-vi.jpg

Street-side view.
bessemersta8-vi.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Lots of very interesting structures everyone.
Here are some from my collection.
The first is the station in Georgetown ON where I live. It was built in 1858

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 177