All sorts of Level Crossings

Papa Bear

Here's a rural crossing on the CSX main north of Troy, AL at Youngblood Lake. Note how there are overhead signals on only one side.

Attachments

• Mvc-013s.jpg
    Mvc-013s.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 159

Papa Bear

Rural Alabama Crossing

I like the old sign in this picture. The lower sign says "2 TRACKS," but there's only one now, and it doesn't look like there would be room for another one.

Attachments

• crossing.jpg
    crossing.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 119

jubylives

This is a shot of the UP's Challenger when it came through town. I was leaning against my truck in my second driveway when I took the shot. The crossing is only 50 feet or so from my house. No need to wait long to see a train. 70+ trains a day come through here. The only problem is they are all Armour Yellow.:curse:

abm.jpg

Jeremy

Papa Bear

The CSX (former Atlantic Coast Line) main crossing Three Notch Street (US 29) in Troy, Alabama. I love those cat eye reflectors in the letters. :D

Attachments

• Mvc-022s.jpg
    Mvc-022s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Mvc-021s.jpg
    Mvc-021s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 80

McFortner

Here are some I took near the NS Training Center in McDonough, GA.

This one is around the back of the center on a rarely used road going into the back of an industrial park. Notice the warning sign for the remote control locos they use there. I wish it was better quality, but all I have is an enexpensive digital camera....

The third picture is the other side of the training center, at the main enterance of the industrial park. The line itself is almost never used except for training and storage of cars. The big yellow sign basically says the same thing as the sign in the second picture.

Michael

Attachments

• DS2_0482.jpg
    DS2_0482.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DS2_0483.jpg
    DS2_0483.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DS2_0498.jpg
    DS2_0498.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 75
Here's a stern warning from the pre-gate era. This is a postcard from my collection. ;)

Attachments

• Cross Crossings Cautiously Reduced.jpg
    Cross Crossings Cautiously Reduced.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 52