All sorts of Bridges

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Heya! I was just looking through this old thread getting bridge ideas and I thought since it's such an awesome thread, I'd give it a bump for the newbies that haven't had the pleasure. Cool stuff.... I'd forgotten all the neat shots there were in here! It's a real shame though as a lot of the pictures no longer display for some reason or another.
Anybody have any more?

MilesWestern

wow! the heuy p/ long bridge is almost as scary to drive on as the person it's named after! :rolleyes:

Great bridges guys, just looked through 11 pages, good stuff, keep it comin'

railohio

I'm too lazy to see what I already posted so I'll add this tonight:

CSX7808ChillicotheOH6-9-06.jpg

Amtrak90222NilesMI6-5-06.jpg

INER1073BridgeHamiltonIN3-7-06Web.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Wow this is a great thread, I for one would like to see it coninue. Ill see what I can dig up to get this thread started again. Post your pics of bridges if you got any guys guys :thumb: :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Brian Schmidt said:
You should have the permission of the photographer to repost their photo. If you don't it would be much more appropriate to post a link to them instead.

Ok sorry:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

What an awesome thread! I'll throw some recent photos in that I shot for ideas on the home layout . . .

Attachments

• Stuff 007.jpg
    Stuff 007.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Stuff 008.jpg
    Stuff 008.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Stuff 009.jpg
    Stuff 009.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 97

CCT70

I can't believe nobody posted pics of one of the most famous railroad bridges, Western Pacific's Keddie Wye in Northern California.

43.jpg

Here's an SP bridge near San Francisco (not afmiliar with the SP so I'm not sure which one it is, we were working to pick up some equipment from Goldne Gate RR Museum and move it to Niles Canyon and Portola

21.JPG

Here's our guys in Niles Canyon with the hospital train to PLA in Niles Canyon (notice the Jolly Roger Flags on the front of the 707) :D

44.JPG

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Allright, I know, I know, this first picture has nothing to do with trains but it is a bridge shot that I really like for the structure. I dunno.... something 'bout it I really like.
The second one was taken in De Moines. Even though there is not a train in the shot, that bridge that is swung out of the way has tracks on it and I watched a train pass just moments earlier AS i WAS CHANGING THE BATTERY IN MY CAMERA!!!!!!! What do you call that kind of bridge again??? Can't remember.... Bascul?
That ol' tug was pushing 12 barges all strapped together and he did not even seem to slow down when he entered that lock. It did not seem like he had more than a couple feet clearance on either side and he guided them things in there like they were on underwater rails. Impressive stuff.

Attachments

• bridge adjusted copy.jpg
    bridge adjusted copy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 83
  • river lock copy.jpg
    river lock copy.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 89

joesho

cct70 the second last shot is breath taking! i love the colouring in the photo,did u take it?
the keddie wye y bridge whats with 7 diferent locos with diferent rail road names?, i see an f unit in there

CCT70

joesho said:
cct70 the second last shot is breath taking! i love the colouring in the photo,did u take it?
the keddie wye y bridge whats with 7 diferent locos with diferent rail road names?, i see an f unit in there

No, I was working support for the train, so one of the otehr members, Paul "Yarddogh" Lanyi took it (I should have credited him with those pics prior).

The Keddie Wye shot was our train coming back from Rio Vista (Western Railway Museum) 2 years ago. We traded a BUNCH of equipment and got some equipment from the UP and moved some stuff for the steam dept. in Cheyenne. All those units are ours (the green geep and the WP F unit we got from WRM, and the UP was a loaner in case we needed extra power, we had a LONG train).

Relic

I should wait till I get to the end (I'm only on pg 3)but that will take DAYS, anyway ... bridges are EXPENSIVE!!!
there's a bridge between Folly Lake and Debert that's thirteen sections. I would love to model it but it would cost three hundred bucks just for the bridge not counting supports and detail . I'm basing this on the one Micro Engenering deck girder bridge that I saved up for,nice bridge but wow kaching