All sorts of Bridges

grumbeast

Its a (non-working) lift bridge in Winnipeg
I'm not sure of the type though, maybe someone
from Winnipeg reads the gauge and can enlighten us! :)

Graham

cpr_paul

Great thread interurben - I'm stuck right now as I have two bridges to model before work can proceed on the layout. And I my bridge-making skills are not so good. I've got a couple of shots sitting at home that I'll contribute to this thread eventually.

[OT] You drive for the TTC Chris? Which route are you on right now? I take the 9 BELLAMY or 134 PROGRESS to get to and from the Scarborough Town Centre on my way to/from work. [/OT]

interurban

Originally posted by cpr_paul
Great thread interurben - I'm stuck right now as I have two bridges to model before work can proceed on the layout. And I my bridge-making skills are not so good. I've got a couple of shots sitting at home that I'll contribute to this thread eventually.

[OT] You drive for the TTC Chris? Which route are you on right now? I take the 9 BELLAMY or 134 PROGRESS to get to and from the Scarborough Town Centre on my way to/from work. [/OT]

Hi Paul looking forward to your contribution;)
Yep 23years now with this outfit 15 before with Manchester U/K
I am on Finch express till 930am then Mc Cowan North 1131 till 312pm.
In April I am on Finch till 228pm.
And now you know how I manage to shoot all the Mc Cowan Yard Shots.:D :D :D :D :D

interurban

This is an access tunnel at the C P yards .
Well it coud be a bridge.:D

Attachments

• tunnel cp yards.jpg
    tunnel cp yards.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 360

cpr_paul

Bridge over the little Sturgeon River, east of Sturgeon Falls Ontario. Ottawa Valley Railway (former CPR Cartier Sub)

Attachments

• 17bridge.jpg
    17bridge.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 338

cpr_paul

Kitbashed Kato bridge on my layout. I'm stuck on the road bridge in the foreground...my abutments don't quite line up.

Attachments

• dscf0002.jpg
    dscf0002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 333
Hi There,

First off great topic. I was wondering if any of northern friends from Alberta have a picture of this bridge. I don't remember the name of it but think its in Edmonton area. I hunted up there several times and my buddy mentioned it was the longest trestle bridge in North America. Never had the chance to get a picture myself but its a honey of a bridge. Ron :) :)

Jim T

Here's my contribution.

Cheers, Jim

Attachments

• port of tillamook trestle-1-cropped.jpg
    port of tillamook trestle-1-cropped.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 418

Jim T

Hi Chris, That pic was taken up in the coastal mtn range, on hwy 26, between Seaside (on the Oregon Coast) and Portland, Oregon. There's a small RR line that runs from Portland thru the Coast Range to Tillamook, OR over on the coast. It services several mills along the way. It runs down the Nehelam River thru country accessible only by RR. I'd love to make the trip sometime. There's a RR bridge across the Nehalem River that I want to get down tok, to get a pic. This is a great thread you started. It would be nice if all these pics and more could somehow be archived for future reference. I know I intend to down load and archive what I can.

Best Regards, Jim

P.S. I down loaded the pics of your layout that were posted a while back and have been using them for reference in doing my rockwork.

interurban

Good stuff Jim please post as many as you have;)
Glad to hear the old post - layout was a help that`s what it`s all about:D
Hope to see pics of your rock work I know Brian would be chuffed:)

Woodie

"hmmmmm.... bridges" said in my best Homer Simpson voice!! :)

harbridg.jpg

tr1163.jpg

.... and yep.. there is a train on it! It is one of Sydney's Tangara double deck suburban sets.

Bit of movie triv junk for ya. Next time you watch "Independence Day", note the scene at the end, when the flying saucer has crashed on Bondi Beach, and note the scale of the people waving and cheering on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If that was a "real" shot, in real life, it would make the people about 100' tall!!!!!!!

Movies.... sheesh!! Why can't they get it right! :)

Oh... bit more triv. The Sydney Harbour Bridge is the widest bridge in the world. 8 lanes of traffic, 2 rail lines, and 2 pedestrian walkways. ::eek:

Woodie

Oh... and my fav bridge. (posted it ages and ages ago), is this beauty at Tocumwal on the Vic/NSW border. It celebrated it's centenary a few years ago. It is a dual road/rail bridge (only rail nowadays) as a new road bridge was built upstream.

Attachments

• tocumwalbridge03.jpg
    tocumwalbridge03.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 400