Alita: Modeling advice.

Z

Zathros

Google "Nano Vivarium". These would work great. A good quality upside glass bottle might work, but usually the bottoms aren't done well.

exo_terra_nano_natural_terrarium_vents_tall.jpg

4444_orig_SE.jpg

solomani

That's a great idea, thanks. What about basing it on a wooden base, where can I get those from and is there a howto on how to base it without wrecking it?

Z

Zathros

That's just some basic wood working skills. Come up with an idea and find a friend who can cut it out. You won't need much if you keep it simple. A foam base would work too, and you could cut it to shape. They sell blocks of that stuff at craft stores. :)

solomani

I live in HK so craft stores not so common here but will take a look. Best way to sturdily attach the model? Is it just screws?

Thanks for your help.

Z

Zathros

I would use a two part glue, not epoxy, that way, you could easily remove it with a sharp blade. If you could get Zip Dry, either in a store or by ordering it, it works best and is not a two part.

cgzip.jpg

solomani

Zathros, found it on Amazon which is convenient for me to get. Thanks a lot for your help. Will post a picture when done (thought may be a few weeks yet).

Z

Zathros

I am glad to have been of help. This product is Non-Toxic, and contains no Lignen, which means it will not yellow on paper over time. It always remains clear, so don't worry if you use a lot. Now, don't go away, make sure you hang around, O.K.? :)

Z

Zathros

Nice looking model. I could see why you would wish to protect her. I embedded the picture for you. You can do so by pressing the little yellow box and pasting the address of the picture into it. :)