Alita: Modeling advice.

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by solomani, Jan 4, 2013.

1. solomani

solomani New Member

Hi guys,

Looking for modeling advice and Google led me here.

I have had this model for many years but its been damaged/scratched from constantly being bumped and falling over. Any suggestions on a way to display it safely?

http://www.thaimokit.com/photo/ResinModel/Battle-Angel-Alita_S1.jpg

Mine does not have a base, where can I get an appropriate one from? And maybe a correctly sized plastic case.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Google "Nano Vivarium". These would work great. A good quality upside glass bottle might work, but usually the bottoms aren't done well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. solomani

solomani New Member

That's a great idea, thanks. What about basing it on a wooden base, where can I get those from and is there a howto on how to base it without wrecking it?
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That's just some basic wood working skills. Come up with an idea and find a friend who can cut it out. You won't need much if you keep it simple. A foam base would work too, and you could cut it to shape. They sell blocks of that stuff at craft stores. :)
  5. solomani

solomani New Member

I live in HK so craft stores not so common here but will take a look. Best way to sturdily attach the model? Is it just screws?

Thanks for your help.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I would use a two part glue, not epoxy, that way, you could easily remove it with a sharp blade. If you could get Zip Dry, either in a store or by ordering it, it works best and is not a two part.

[​IMG]
  7. solomani

solomani New Member

Zathros, found it on Amazon which is convenient for me to get. Thanks a lot for your help. Will post a picture when done (thought may be a few weeks yet).
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I am glad to have been of help. This product is Non-Toxic, and contains no Lignen, which means it will not yellow on paper over time. It always remains clear, so don't worry if you use a lot. Now, don't go away, make sure you hang around, O.K.? :)
  9. solomani

solomani New Member

Will do my best!
  10. solomani

solomani New Member

Here she is:
    http://www.electric-rain.net/photo.JPG

You can see the model has damage to the neck and right leg plus some paint scouring. The stand + terrarium should keep it from more damage until I can find someone more skilled in resin repair then me.

Thanks again!

[​IMG]
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Nice looking model. I could see why you would wish to protect her. I embedded the picture for you. You can do so by pressing the little yellow box and pasting the address of the picture into it. :)
  12. solomani

solomani New Member

Great. Thank you!