alignment problems

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by papertrain, Jan 27, 2007.

1. papertrain

papertrain Member

In reading the opps i noted a problem that I came across and know it is not unique but rather very common. When assembling a model the lines sometimes do not line up exactly. :???: even if the parts are cut from the same sheet and next to each other. Is this due to the downloading and printer that I am using or just the nature of the beast.8) (Note, I use only HP printers...I have 4 Different ones). It was a free download....the Polikarpov I-16 type 24 1:33 and just happens to be my first plane.:grin:
    I guess if I wanted it to be perfect I could reprint the sheet in a slightly smaller scale to get the lines to line up and ,,,,,,,,,,,
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Two causes................

you or the designer........................ if you, there is a chance of recovery.

if designer................ well ummm............. less of a chance of recovery.

Sometimes it just the nature of the beast/hobby. We all miss-align parts (except for carl and ted and a few others). It just makes you want to get better.

Hey if you are trying for perfection on a paper model.............. you might just be disappointed a lot. Or aggrivated, just build and enjoy. Sometimes you get lucky and all the planet line up and you get a great model. That's the fun of it. You get surprised (unless you are carl or ted):grin:

If you try your best and still have problems......... well you just need to practice more.:grin:

john

Just kidding guys!:grin: