Alien's a plastic question.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, Dec 22, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I was looking for a Narcissus to help a friend out, when I ran across an auction on e-bay and bought the following kits. I'm curious if maybe I got to much, or got more than I had anticipated. Originally the auction was for three kits, but I think I got more. I got all three kits for $30.00 including shipping and handling. I've seen these kits go for much more but I think that the fact that they were opened played a part.

My question is: Should I have gotten two black Aliens and an egg as one model? See pics below. BTW, yea, I know they need some putty etc, but this was a shot of the primary build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

now those models bring back some memories! i have built them all but have lost them over the years. the original black alien was just 1 alien and 1 egg. id say you got a pretty good deal on that.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks! I just looked at e-bay again and yes, I got a heck of a deal. I just saw one of the models for $49.00 thanks for confirming my suspicions. Not bad for $30.00. :D
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

most of these kits especialy the halcyon kits are very hard to find. they are usually very expensive. good find!!
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks Dude. I'm not petty, or concerned about the box being open, or parts missing. I always figure that I can fix what's wrong, or what's missing. To that point, I always bid on ships and things that no one wants, because, they are opened. I've ended up with some real gems. I got a smoothy for $7.00 because it was painted, but hey it was still a smoothy! That was before the PL, when the big deal was the smoothy and the Enterprise E.:mrgreen:
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey buddy. No, that is a good deal. The second black Alien Warior is missing an egg by the looks of it but that's no big deal to ammend. For PERSONAL use, simply recast the egg you have. Plus you have a Narcissus amd two spare heads. LOL They say two heads are better then one right? :)

$30US is around £15GB. We here couldn't even get a Nacissus for £15 off ebay let alone a set like that! Super find! I've been thinking of my next Alien/Aliens project. I'm thinking of going for either a Dropship or another Narcissus. The Betty would be my preference but Gearz has starteda nice looking one of those so I'll hold off. I know AliensPapercraft is working on a Dropship but it's been on the WIP page for years now so I'm thinking of going for that.
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the aliens site has several dropships available. the narcis or nostramo would be nice. i havnt seen those in paper.
  8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

You're right, there are a few Dropships there but they are the small ones from the LV426 colony set. He's been working on a larger one though hasn't he? He had to take it back to scratch 'cause he wanted it to include moving parts for the missile pods and landing gear. He's had that in the WIP section for quite sometime.

The Nostromo WOULD be nice wouldn't it. ;)
  9. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I came reaaaly close to putting the Nostromo on the list on my earlier "whats next" poll...
  10. theoverlord

theoverlord New Member

their was 2 alien kits (black plastic). one with egg and one without. the diffrences were the head and arms. i know i HAD one too.

By the way. the 3rd film alien, i painted mine all tan with oil paint and let it set for about a week. than painted it a bit at a time in water based black. before the paint dryed i rubbed it down with a cloth. this got in too all the the little spaces. Wish i had a digital cam as i would post a picture. some silver on the teeth and clear silicone for its mouth. not too much as thats the mistake i made.

hope this little tip helps.

Kelvin.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I thought as much, but couldn't believe I got so many models for so little money. I did actually get extra parts, which I thought of using in a diorama.
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yes, thanks very much. I've been trying to get some consistant refs on these aliens, but it seems that there were several different aliens depending on the movie and that there were several paint schemes.
  13. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Its an Alien Christmas

Its definetly an Alien Christmas,

I have two weeks until AvP 2 is released over here and aparently I havent shut up about it and was delighted to have a 1:1 Vinyl Facehugger in my stocking....I'm dying to finish and paint it, just to throw it into the crowd during a screening...how messed up would that be?

Kelvin, did the oil paints stick well to the kit?

Enjoy your holidays people

John John
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing AVP2 as well, however it wont be soon. Throwing a fachugger into the crowd? Now that would be funny.

Haven't tried the paint yet, but will let you know. Thanks again.
  15. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

just be sure to pour your drink all over it to get it good and slimy first :evil::evil::evil:
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Just saw AVP2 last night. I was definitely taking notes while watching the movie.

I do have a color question though. Some times the Aliens look gloss black, some time they seem to have silver highlights, at other times they tend to have a greenish hue, still at other times they have a brownish tint to them.

What color are these things, or do they vary depending on which movie they appear in, or is it a lighting thing?
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

its a combination of all that. the color and details of all the aliens differ with each movie. pluss the lighting affects the collor especially with all the slime on them.
  18. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Dont

Yeah those little fellas are so completely different colour wise when it comes to each movie, I also got an Alien Queen for Xmas so Im finishing up the Hugger before having a go at her, Im using a lot of Inks to fill and shade areas, works well.

For the queen Im thinking 75% Windsor Blue 25% Black, dry brushing the kit with 50/50, then inking the whole thing with black ink to fill then indents, silver for the teeth and a whiter dry brush for the jaw muscles...good?

John John
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks, I kind of figured something like that, especially the light part of the equation.
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That sounds like a very interesting approach, I may have to try that, maybe throw in a little silver highlights here and there.

Now that I've got all of these Aliens, I'm going to have to start collecting Predators.... Maybe do a diorama.