Alibaba has to be the WORST site ever...

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
So, we're all too aware of pirates selling our models on Alibaba (hell, even my models are being sold there now), but today, I got the most delightful news! Somehow, some jerkass managed to get my email address and sign me up for the goddamn site. So, no big deal, just go to whatever account settings there are, and just click "delete account"! But here's the kicker: you have to contact 'customer service' to send an account delete request. Also, their instant-support feature is nothing more than a poorly-disguised bot, not to mention that their sign-up process does not give two hoots about actual customer safety.

"You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave!"~

Z

Zathros

I would change my e-mail address. I have 10 sub accounts and use them for most everything. They are disposable. Whatever you do, don't give them a "main" e-mail address and when you have finished straightening this out, delete the sub-account.

Iron Duck

Nov 2, 2011
Canada
Sounds like a real life hotel California yah, i have found myself surfing the web looking a free stuff that had nothing to do with them and then BAM!!!!! I would get sucked into their website and could not go back to searching. I would have to close my web altogether and start anew. they are very weird....

Z

Zathros

Make sure you have a good scrubber. I use AdVancedSystemCare (Free Version) and Cleaner,again free. That with Norton 360, and I have not had any problems for almost 8 years.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html (they have an incredible defragger which is also free)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner This program is also great. I have used these for probably 7 years. I routinely use them to fix customer computers before getting to the nitty gritty!

tmac3123

Mar 17, 2012
Wroclaw, Poland / Canada
Welcome to alibaba. I had my fair share of experiences, such as almost purchasing a design from there before being enlightened by my friend that people are actually stealing the models and trying to make profit off them. Hopefully you got everything sorted out and it went well! The internet, can be an interesting yet scary place.