Alco C430

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
Hello all.

Once I get my F7A out of the way, I plan to make an Alco C430. I've got a vague idea of how I might do the build, but I want to run it by you guys first to see what you all think.

I want to use a Stewart Hobbies C630 shell, cut that down to the right length. I'll use Atlas handrails, and an Atlas C425 chassis. I'll take off the AAR-B truck sideframes and replace them with Tiger Valley Models' hi-adhesion sideframes. The fuel tank will be modified with the filler in the middle as per the prototype.

Is there anything else you think I need to do, or any easier/cheaper way to do it?

For the horns I was thinking I might be able to modify the Atlas C425 horns, would this work?

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
DanRaitz said:
Tyco did produce a C430, they can be found a swap meets and or eBay. The body is decent but the drive SUCKS.

Dan

Yes I am aware of this. Model Power now have the tyco tooling, and they still make the C430, but the body detail is clumsy compared to the Stewart C630. Since the C430 is just a shorter version of the C630 (in terms of the body), I would prefer to use the stewart body.

Thankyou for the comment though. Every little helps.