Alco C-425 Model

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Does anyone know where I might find a C-425 model? I understand that both Atlas and Stewart had them in the past, but are no longer producing them. I am particularly interested in the New Haven version, but anything would suffice, as I plan a custom paint job. Built or unbuilt, it doesn't matter, as long as it runs! Thanks in advance.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Dave, Pretty sure Atlas just released them in their classic line. I know they did with the 424, I bought one for the M&E recently. Makes sense the 425 would be released at the same time.

Gary

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Dave,
When I built my SP&S C425s, I had the LHS order two sets of "parts". Shells, frames, motors, trucks, etc. If there's no other way, you may be able to do it that way. Undec shells would be better, as long as you are doing a custom paint.
Pete

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Dave, is there a big difference between the C-425 and the C-415?
I'm asking because I have an HO Lifelike C415 and I have forsaken HO in favour of N. If it's any use to you I can let you have it for a song. E-mail me if it's of interest to you and I send you other photos of it.

Dang, trust me not to read all the posts in here ... just another "senior moment" ... :rolleyes: :D :D

Errol

Attachments

• alco c 415.jpg
    alco c 415.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 55