Albatros D.V by Modelik

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by dfarrell, Jan 29, 2007.

1. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I just started working on the Albatros D.V by Modelik. I really like the graphics on it. The "plywood" panels look good and the colors are nice and bright. There are only 3 formers to shape the fuselage but it is made up of 14 sections! 15, if you count the spinner, and being as large as it is, I think it is fair to include it in the count. There isn't any internal structure for the wings, but I think I will add at least a spar to them. I am afraid if I don't do something to stiffen them up, they will sag. I managed to get 7 of those sections put together so far, along with the cockpit details (which are pretty minimal). I'll try to post some pictures as I go.
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Please post pics :) I was looking at possibly buying that kit myself and I'm curious about how it turns out.

Getter1
  3. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

Well, here is what I have so far, but the night is still young.

Attached Files:

4. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

another shot

Here is a different veiw.

Attached Files:

5. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

Here is how it looks now. What you can't see in this shot is the fact that this model is the little known variant called the D.Vb. That's "b" as in banana. A couple of the front sections didn't quite line up properly, and because the are so small, I didn't notice it until most of the fuselage was assembled. Oh well... what to do? I think I will work on the engine while I contemplate ordering another kit. I really like this plane!

Attached Files:

6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

It still looks pretty good. Keep at it, make a note of somesort, to remind yourself on other builds what to look out for. You'd be surprised, I have enough "bananas" in my aircraft to make a bunch!
  7. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I'm going at it right now. I am working on the engine. Fortunatily, it bananas (is to banana a verb?) about where the wings will attach, so maybe I can hide it!