AKIRA class now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BolianAdmiral

*sigh* I cannot teach him; the man has no patience. :wink:

To be honest, I got so excited as I was building this that it escaped my mind to take any pictures. :eek:ops:

But in any case, here's the finished product:

Compared with Zoshou's Defiant-class Starship
Akiraclassstarship001.jpg

Akiraclassstarship002.jpg

Akiraclassstarship003.jpg

Akiraclassstarship004.jpg

Akiraclassstarship005.jpg

Some assembly notes (YMMV):

Part #D1 is slightly larger than it needs to be in one direction, though I never quite figured out which direction. I just trimmed it until it fit part #B1.

Part #A1 is also slightly misshapen, so it won't fit *exactly* right.

There are small tick-marks all along the edges of some parts. These I believe to be for making flaps by gluing the piece to a spot of blank cardstock and cutting the flaps out from that for a butt-joint.

The interiors of the warp pylons, the torpedo launcher pylons, and parts #A5 and #A6 need to be reinforced with additional layers of cardstock or heavy chipboard.

Instead of doing it like the instructions said, I built the upper saucer first, followed by the catamaran double-hulls, the lower hull, and finally the warp engines. This allowed for a much more stable building surface for the topside when it dried.

All in all, it's a great kit! I intend to build a few more of them along with the Enterprise-E, some Saber-class starships, and some Defiant-class starships. Can someone with photoshop skillz make some name and registry number parts? I have no way of adding any markings myself and it will look rather silly to have 15 ships with no name.

Sweet... this looks like a pretty clean model. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.