Ajax Oil Refinery

Tayder

May 3, 2006
Almost finished with my Ajax Oil refinery. Lots of little detail work to do but most of the construction is done. Almost everything is scratchbuilt. The boiler house was an old Model Power kit, as was the water tank behind it. The rest is pretty much scratch built, beginning with a Plastruct 'kit' (which is just a bunch of scratch building supplies and some drawings).

Attachments

• ref1.jpg
    ref1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 399
  • ref2.jpg
    ref2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 398
  • ref3.jpg
    ref3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 407

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice "industrial-looking" complex, Tayder. What scale is this? Looks like there's lots of neat stuff in that "kit", and you've done a nice job bringing it all together.

Wayne

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
jawdrop What a great job! How much time do you have into that? I can't wait to see a pic of that on your layout!:thumb: :thumb:

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
Looking good, I think you have done a great job and can't wait to see more...
Here is a 'nuts and bolt' question, did you run the piping to look good or is there an actual flow plan?

Tayder

May 3, 2006
Thanks guys, for your very kind comments. Bernhard - yep I need to get some weathering going on there but I'm nervous about that. Kirkendale, I started out with a working flow plan but then I kinda wandered. Some of the runs are accurate (like my flare line to the incinerator) but otherwise there are "gaps" in the reality. Cox 47, I have a shot or two of a company house somewhere here that I built. Otherwise I don't have much scratch built stuff to show. Mostly kits and such. Nazgul, I have no idea of how many hours I spent on this project so far...but it's been under construction all summer. I probably started it in April actually.

I still have to finish off the Walthers Oil Filling Facility and install that.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Nazgul, I have no idea of how many hours I spent on this project so far...but it's been under construction all summer. I probably started it in April actually.
A lot of time and effort.....and it shows BIG TIME!