airwolf

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by allhallowseve, Sep 10, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Ok, here is the first 11 steps in using anim8or 3d program to open and break down a 3d model:

1. open the file in the program
    2. look down the left side of the screen, you will find an "arrow" button with a "square" button beside it. Click the "square" button.
    3. Now, using your mouse, left click a box around the model.
    4. look down the left side of the screen at the buttons once again and find a button which has two "squares" in it. click this button.
    5. you are now ready to resize the model to a larger size to work with it. Do this by left clicking and holding on the screen and move your mouse to the left or right to size the model.
    6. Once you get the model to a workable size, yo may now rotate the model by clicking the the "rotate" button which is located between the first "square" button and the two "square" button on the left. Then left click on the screen and hold while moving your mouse to rotate the model.
    7. up at the top of the screen, you will find the word build, click it, then click "ungroup". You will notice that now you no longer have one box around the model but several.
    8. Back on the left side of the screen, you will see an "arrow" button beside the "square" button that you clicked originally, click the arrow button. and place your cursor over the desired area of the model and doble click, this will place a box over the desired area.
    9. back on the left side of screen, click on the four way "arrow" button, then click on the new box on the model and move that part of the model and place it off to one side. Repeat steps 8 and 9 with all parts of the model.
    10. if you will notice that if you double click on any part with a box around it, it will have the name of the object already listed.
    11. Now back on the left side you will see a button that appears to have an "eyeball" in it, directly below that is one with 3 dots in it, click that button to see the meshes. Now you may need to resize the images larger again at this point, if so, repeat steps 1 thru 5 on the desired part.

OK, I am gonna take a break now and eat some supper, forgive me if the instructions are abit far between, I am working 12 hour shifts trying to build transformers for everyone without power in the south from Katrina, and havent been sleeping alot lately. But this gets you further along than you were I hope.

More to come,

Greg aka GW
  2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

no problum

take your time no rush here i know what its like to work long shift i'am a manger over night and next week i been send by my job to a new store in hyannis ,ma over a hour a way from were i live :(
  3. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

no problum

take your time no rush here i know what its like to work long shift i'am a manger over night and next week i been send by my job to a new store in hyannis ,ma over a hour a way from were i live :(
  4. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

Well thanks for understanding my work situation, I work midnight til noon right now and havent been doing alot of sleeping like I should.
    But I think I am going to try to fix my computer so I can again make screenshots, I dont like the way the above instructions are turning out......too complicated without something to look at. So, like I said, just bear with me and I will get some instructions out for you to use, I will be breaking the model down too. I want a model of this as bad as you lol.
    Just play with the anim8or program every chance you get, you dont need a degree to use it, its just a matter of fooling the program into thinking you know what you are doing lol.
    Anyway, I will type up some more instructions here in abit and get them posted tomorrow.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

Well thanks for understanding my work situation, I work midnight til noon right now and havent been doing alot of sleeping like I should.
    But I think I am going to try to fix my computer so I can again make screenshots, I dont like the way the above instructions are turning out......too complicated without something to look at. So, like I said, just bear with me and I will get some instructions out for you to use, I will be breaking the model down too. I want a model of this as bad as you lol.
    Just play with the anim8or program every chance you get, you dont need a degree to use it, its just a matter of fooling the program into thinking you know what you are doing lol.
    Anyway, I will type up some more instructions here in abit and get them posted tomorrow.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Anim8or allows me to save jpeg and bitmap images as well as 3ds and lwo and other type files. In my posting before this one I included some jpegs from where I have seperated all the parts into sub assemblies, however, my laptop still wont make a screenshot, my number six button, my hyphen and print screen buttons have stopped working. So, the jpegs i can save wont help me show what buttons to push inside the program lol.
    Well, anyway, I am fixinta go get ready for work and I will be back on tomorrow, have a good evening all,

Greg aka GW
  7. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Anim8or allows me to save jpeg and bitmap images as well as 3ds and lwo and other type files. In my posting before this one I included some jpegs from where I have seperated all the parts into sub assemblies, however, my laptop still wont make a screenshot, my number six button, my hyphen and print screen buttons have stopped working. So, the jpegs i can save wont help me show what buttons to push inside the program lol.
    Well, anyway, I am fixinta go get ready for work and I will be back on tomorrow, have a good evening all,

Greg aka GW
  8. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Anim8or window

GW, here is a picture of the Anim8or edit window. Go ahead and use it as needed to show those buttons you referenced.

[​IMG]
  9. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Anim8or window

GW, here is a picture of the Anim8or edit window. Go ahead and use it as needed to show those buttons you referenced.

[​IMG]
  10. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy SCEtoAux,

Thanks that should help me alot. I played with it abit lastnight at work and seperated the various sub assemblies of the 3d model and took just the fuselage (no tail boom or other parts) and subdivided it into "rings" or body sections ie.....nose cone, cockpit, mainbody, and rear of fuselage.
    I also played with unfolding them in pepakura and the individual parts unfolded nicely but............(dont ya hate to hear "but"?).......I can see I am going to have to "rescale" one or more of those parts becuase for some reason, the nose cose unfolds really large. Maybe it was originally designed that way, but I am sure I can handle it.
    Another problem I know I will have in advance will be the "texture" or coloring/panel lines. the model has color, but no panel lines and that is something I have not yet worked with.
    anyway, I will use the screenshot you made in conjunction with my notes and come up with some better instructions today.
    Real fast, if you look at the screenshot, on the left side, the buttons are arranged into four groups, with the exception of the button in group 1 with three dots, all of the buttons I mentioned in my first attempt at instruction were in the third group of buttons.

more to come,

Greg
  11. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy SCEtoAux,

Thanks that should help me alot. I played with it abit lastnight at work and seperated the various sub assemblies of the 3d model and took just the fuselage (no tail boom or other parts) and subdivided it into "rings" or body sections ie.....nose cone, cockpit, mainbody, and rear of fuselage.
    I also played with unfolding them in pepakura and the individual parts unfolded nicely but............(dont ya hate to hear "but"?).......I can see I am going to have to "rescale" one or more of those parts becuase for some reason, the nose cose unfolds really large. Maybe it was originally designed that way, but I am sure I can handle it.
    Another problem I know I will have in advance will be the "texture" or coloring/panel lines. the model has color, but no panel lines and that is something I have not yet worked with.
    anyway, I will use the screenshot you made in conjunction with my notes and come up with some better instructions today.
    Real fast, if you look at the screenshot, on the left side, the buttons are arranged into four groups, with the exception of the button in group 1 with three dots, all of the buttons I mentioned in my first attempt at instruction were in the third group of buttons.

more to come,

Greg
  12. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

GW,
    Good job!!!!! Can't wait to see the model. If I am out of contact for a while on e-mail, that would be a Linux upgrade that I am doing.
  13. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

GW,
    Good job!!!!! Can't wait to see the model. If I am out of contact for a while on e-mail, that would be a Linux upgrade that I am doing.
  14. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

howdy dave,

well thanks, but i just lost my laptop computer. I dont know what has happened to it, the screen did like one of them old tv sets when you turn it off.....it faded to a small point and went "poof". But have no fear, I still have this 1995 compaq presario....with no letters on the keyboard lol.
    I have anim8or on it too, but man this puter is slow compared to that laptop.
    So its only a temp set back, I will just have to redo what I had done, fortunately for me, when I got the laptop, I emailed myself all my models so I could download them from one puter to my other, so I really havent lost anything and I hope the laptop can be fixed, its like it has no power to it.

anyway, I will still be working on it, but posting at only 33,600kps lol........SLOW!

HAVE A GOOD EVENING,

GREG AKA GW
  15. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

howdy dave,

well thanks, but i just lost my laptop computer. I dont know what has happened to it, the screen did like one of them old tv sets when you turn it off.....it faded to a small point and went "poof". But have no fear, I still have this 1995 compaq presario....with no letters on the keyboard lol.
    I have anim8or on it too, but man this puter is slow compared to that laptop.
    So its only a temp set back, I will just have to redo what I had done, fortunately for me, when I got the laptop, I emailed myself all my models so I could download them from one puter to my other, so I really havent lost anything and I hope the laptop can be fixed, its like it has no power to it.

anyway, I will still be working on it, but posting at only 33,600kps lol........SLOW!

HAVE A GOOD EVENING,

GREG AKA GW
  16. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy guys,

well I got the file downloaded onto my desktop computer lastnight and when I get home I will start on it again. I knew keeping the old dinosaur (1995 compaq) was a good idea.
    Talk to ya'll later when I get off work.

greg aka GW
  17. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy guys,

well I got the file downloaded onto my desktop computer lastnight and when I get home I will start on it again. I knew keeping the old dinosaur (1995 compaq) was a good idea.
    Talk to ya'll later when I get off work.

greg aka GW
  18. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

hey

its alway the way go's just when you have something good going the computer crash's good thing you back your file's ha ha i been work with that anim program starting to get the hang of it i manger to sperate parts but i lose them :( i still have a lot to learn ha ha ha !!!!

later
  19. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

hey

its alway the way go's just when you have something good going the computer crash's good thing you back your file's ha ha i been work with that anim program starting to get the hang of it i manger to sperate parts but i lose them :( i still have a lot to learn ha ha ha !!!!

later
  20. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

well maybe I can help you with that. after you get all the sub assemblies seperated, and spread out across the work sceen, click "object" up top and then click "export" and save that screen in a new file...I had named mine airwolf and the eploded view I named "eploded view and placed in the airwolf file inside "my documents". Then you can go back, place a box around all the various "objects in that "exploded view that you ARE NOT working with one at a time and click the scissors buttonm finally you will be left with the object that you DO want to work with. You can make all the adjustments you need to that part, then click "object" up top and then "export" and name the part and place it in the airwolf file. Then re-open the exploded view and repeat the process and work on another part and save it the same way.
    I hope to get started back on it shortly, I should have been sleeping today, but instead I have broken open the case on my laptop and have been working on it. I am hoping to get it going soon again........i hope lol.

ps. I emailed the designer of the airwolf 3ds model and invited him here to look around and join the forum, apparently his preferred "nickname" is "Hellcat" so lets look for him, he would be a great hrlp I am sure with the model, maybe not so much in the "unfolding, but maybe he would have "broken down" versions of the parts.
    I always try to invite ppl here when I find something that they have done that could be used in card modeling.

anyway, have a nice day,

Greg aka GW