airwolf

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by allhallowseve, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Found a free 3D model of airwolf! maybe someone can turn it into a model for us :wink: .
    I have Pepakura and will give it a try but no promises.
    You can get the model HERE
    On the right side click on the download section. You cant miss it since there are only 2 things to download and your not there for the music :lol:
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Can Rhino be used to work on the file? I'll give it a shot if it's possible but like Kevin I won't make any promises.
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Can Rhino be used to work on the file? I'll give it a shot if it's possible but like Kevin I won't make any promises.
  4. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I know that "Anim8or" will work on that file I have been playing with it already. I had trouble getting the file to open in metasequoia so I tried Anim8or, the other 3d program I have and it opened fine. BUt having tried to unfold it as was in pepakura, I know that it will have to be broken down into smaller components and then they will have to be unfolded.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I know that "Anim8or" will work on that file I have been playing with it already. I had trouble getting the file to open in metasequoia so I tried Anim8or, the other 3d program I have and it opened fine. BUt having tried to unfold it as was in pepakura, I know that it will have to be broken down into smaller components and then they will have to be unfolded.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  6. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Good luck GW. This was show the wife and I both enjoyed.
  7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Good luck GW. This was show the wife and I both enjoyed.
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

got download that airwolf and play a little bit...model is open fine in metaseq with all objects seperate. u need to manage something to make it unfols easily. only i did is wire button to make triangle to be recangle

[​IMG]

then save in .mqo and open in pepakura...no dangerous red line appear

[​IMG]

tell pepakura where i want to seperate part

[​IMG]

then unfold

[​IMG]

only body of this airwolf is unfold, not have time much :p but i think this can guide to anybody to make your own airwolf ;)
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

got download that airwolf and play a little bit...model is open fine in metaseq with all objects seperate. u need to manage something to make it unfols easily. only i did is wire button to make triangle to be recangle

[​IMG]

then save in .mqo and open in pepakura...no dangerous red line appear

[​IMG]

tell pepakura where i want to seperate part

[​IMG]

then unfold

[​IMG]

only body of this airwolf is unfold, not have time much :p but i think this can guide to anybody to make your own airwolf ;)
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Rhino? Yes.
    [​IMG]

Tim P
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Rhino? Yes.
    [​IMG]

Tim P
  12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

i not haveing any lucky opening the file in mes, is there something i doing wrong ????? or do i need a degree to use it ha ha ha !!!

the model looks great i can't wait to build it i start working on the one i found for the rc site but it a little compack and has no rototer on top but i can fix that i think :shock:
  13. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

i not haveing any lucky opening the file in mes, is there something i doing wrong ????? or do i need a degree to use it ha ha ha !!!

the model looks great i can't wait to build it i start working on the one i found for the rc site but it a little compack and has no rototer on top but i can fix that i think :shock:
  14. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

I had the same trouble with metasequoia and finally just opened it with my other program.... "anim8or" which you can find and d/l here:

http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

If you choose to d/l this program, also be sure to get the .pdf instruction manual
    Both d/l's are on that page, and with the instr. manual, its something that you can learn by looking up something instead of "trial and error"

have a good day,

Greg
  15. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

I had the same trouble with metasequoia and finally just opened it with my other program.... "anim8or" which you can find and d/l here:

http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

If you choose to d/l this program, also be sure to get the .pdf instruction manual
    Both d/l's are on that page, and with the instr. manual, its something that you can learn by looking up something instead of "trial and error"

have a good day,

Greg
  16. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

help

i download the program and mange to put airwolf on the screen!!!! but now how do i brake it down that i able to print it out to build :shock: i read the mauel twice ok 4 time i still don't understand how to do it
    :roll: need degree here <------------ ha ha ha help !!!!
  17. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

help

i download the program and mange to put airwolf on the screen!!!! but now how do i brake it down that i able to print it out to build :shock: i read the mauel twice ok 4 time i still don't understand how to do it
    :roll: need degree here <------------ ha ha ha help !!!!
  18. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

Ok, I am assuming you meant you downloaded the anim8or program and got the model open in it. You will have to bear with me, My laptop is messed up and I am unable to make screen shots, But, I will try to explain in text without visual aids.
    Give me just a little while to type some of it out and post it, and although I may not get it all typed out at one time, but we'll go thru it together. I have never attempted a "tutorial" before, so believe me, this will be an experience for both of us lol.
    Just be expecting some instruction in the next few hrs.

Greg aka GW
  19. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

Ok, I am assuming you meant you downloaded the anim8or program and got the model open in it. You will have to bear with me, My laptop is messed up and I am unable to make screen shots, But, I will try to explain in text without visual aids.
    Give me just a little while to type some of it out and post it, and although I may not get it all typed out at one time, but we'll go thru it together. I have never attempted a "tutorial" before, so believe me, this will be an experience for both of us lol.
    Just be expecting some instruction in the next few hrs.

Greg aka GW
  20. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Ok, here is the first 11 steps in using anim8or 3d program to open and break down a 3d model:

1. open the file in the program
    2. look down the left side of the screen, you will find an "arrow" button with a "square" button beside it. Click the "square" button.
    3. Now, using your mouse, left click a box around the model.
    4. look down the left side of the screen at the buttons once again and find a button which has two "squares" in it. click this button.
    5. you are now ready to resize the model to a larger size to work with it. Do this by left clicking and holding on the screen and move your mouse to the left or right to size the model.
    6. Once you get the model to a workable size, yo may now rotate the model by clicking the the "rotate" button which is located between the first "square" button and the two "square" button on the left. Then left click on the screen and hold while moving your mouse to rotate the model.
    7. up at the top of the screen, you will find the word build, click it, then click "ungroup". You will notice that now you no longer have one box around the model but several.
    8. Back on the left side of the screen, you will see an "arrow" button beside the "square" button that you clicked originally, click the arrow button. and place your cursor over the desired area of the model and doble click, this will place a box over the desired area.
    9. back on the left side of screen, click on the four way "arrow" button, then click on the new box on the model and move that part of the model and place it off to one side. Repeat steps 8 and 9 with all parts of the model.
    10. if you will notice that if you double click on any part with a box around it, it will have the name of the object already listed.
    11. Now back on the left side you will see a button that appears to have an "eyeball" in it, directly below that is one with 3 dots in it, click that button to see the meshes. Now you may need to resize the images larger again at this point, if so, repeat steps 1 thru 5 on the desired part.

OK, I am gonna take a break now and eat some supper, forgive me if the instructions are abit far between, I am working 12 hour shifts trying to build transformers for everyone without power in the south from Katrina, and havent been sleeping alot lately. But this gets you further along than you were I hope.

More to come,

Greg aka GW