Airwolf helicopter anyone???????

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by atamjeet, Apr 20, 2007.

1. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i am making airwolf, and its almost complete except the cockpit portion, as the instructions are not given for the cockpit...
    has anyone here bulit this helicopter with the cockpit visible? i would like to see the pictures or any sort of help which i can use to complete the cockpit, or else i will complete the copter with closed cockpit..
  2. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i am making airwolf, and its almost complete except the cockpit portion, as the instructions are not given for the cockpit...
    has anyone here bulit this helicopter with the cockpit visible? i would like to see the pictures or any sort of help which i can use to complete the cockpit, or else i will complete the copter with closed cockpit..
  3. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i have used gloss paper for it and it really looks as if made up of plastic.... attached are the incomplete pics of the model....
  4. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i have used gloss paper for it and it really looks as if made up of plastic.... attached are the incomplete pics of the model....
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

6. Clashster

Clashster Member

7. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

thanks for the link chris, but i already have those instructions, but they are not understandable... i mean the parts for the cockpit are too many and the instructions are too much specific and one really cant make anything out of it... i dont know y the designer left the cockpit instructions, otherwise this model wd have been one of the best i suppose....
  8. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

thanks for the link chris, but i already have those instructions, but they are not understandable... i mean the parts for the cockpit are too many and the instructions are too much specific and one really cant make anything out of it... i dont know y the designer left the cockpit instructions, otherwise this model wd have been one of the best i suppose....
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

atamjeet,
    Your Airwolf looks fantastic!
    Will, the designer, is a member here.
    I am sure he would love to answer any questions you may have.
    Just send him a pm. His member name is Willja67.

Russell
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

atamjeet,
    Your Airwolf looks fantastic!
    Will, the designer, is a member here.
    I am sure he would love to answer any questions you may have.
    Just send him a pm. His member name is Willja67.

Russell
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's a nice build from what I can see. I am a stickler for details and if something has a cockpit, i'd be pleased as punch to build it but ... Airwolf is meant to be menacing and building the interior would only give away some of the menacing look. As for the shiney paper, I like it but I am not 100% on this. Being a stealthy, black, cloak and dagger operator that Airwolf is supposed to be ... not having the matte appearance kind of detracts from this image.

I can say that if it is possible. If you do build the interior and put in the windows ... get some window tint for the canopy so that you can still see inside but from a distance it's menacing look of 'WHO'S FLYING THAT THING!?!' remains. =)

Again... nice build. My printed copy sits in a folder at the top of my build list.

Willja67 did a great design of this helo and you did it justice so far. [​IMG]
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's a nice build from what I can see. I am a stickler for details and if something has a cockpit, i'd be pleased as punch to build it but ... Airwolf is meant to be menacing and building the interior would only give away some of the menacing look. As for the shiney paper, I like it but I am not 100% on this. Being a stealthy, black, cloak and dagger operator that Airwolf is supposed to be ... not having the matte appearance kind of detracts from this image.

I can say that if it is possible. If you do build the interior and put in the windows ... get some window tint for the canopy so that you can still see inside but from a distance it's menacing look of 'WHO'S FLYING THAT THING!?!' remains. =)

Again... nice build. My printed copy sits in a folder at the top of my build list.

Willja67 did a great design of this helo and you did it justice so far. [​IMG]
  13. Teamski

Teamski Member

The gloss paper sure looks sharp! Well done so far.

-Ski
  14. Teamski

Teamski Member

The gloss paper sure looks sharp! Well done so far.

-Ski
  15. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

well, i have now decided that i wont go for the details of the cockpit. so my model will be completed tomorrow approx... will click good pics using a digicam, and will post dem here...
    the gloss paper really is working for me, lets see the final result.... im eager to see the completed airwolf...
    afetr dat im planning to start making some tank.... do u know any link from where i can download free the model of a tank which is very detailed and which will look very good, or which is very tough to make.... i have everything in ma collection except a tank.... :)
  16. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

well, i have now decided that i wont go for the details of the cockpit. so my model will be completed tomorrow approx... will click good pics using a digicam, and will post dem here...
    the gloss paper really is working for me, lets see the final result.... im eager to see the completed airwolf...
    afetr dat im planning to start making some tank.... do u know any link from where i can download free the model of a tank which is very detailed and which will look very good, or which is very tough to make.... i have everything in ma collection except a tank.... :)
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Your model looks really good atamjeet! As far as the cockpit goes I never test built it and I don't know if the parts work or not. In any case the parts would have to have been installed before the fuselage skin was wrapped around it. A few months ago I started refining the model and have quite a bit of the cockpit section done but not finished or test built.

If you have any questions let me know.

PS it's good to see that someone finally built it (other than my testbuilders)
  20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Your model looks really good atamjeet! As far as the cockpit goes I never test built it and I don't know if the parts work or not. In any case the parts would have to have been installed before the fuselage skin was wrapped around it. A few months ago I started refining the model and have quite a bit of the cockpit section done but not finished or test built.

If you have any questions let me know.

PS it's good to see that someone finally built it (other than my testbuilders)