Aircraft and Engine Profiles

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cdavenport, Jun 4, 2008.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

2. Renaud

Renaud Member

Albatros B1

Wow... where does your material (drawings, colours ...) come from? Hard stuff to find out. i like those designs much more than those coming just after, i find the serie D onwards somewhat modern too much. And even the C serie, am I old fashionned? The past few days, I was just looking for the B2, perhaps i'll order the Orlik model. I was expecting the thread about was to be continued.
  3. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Prudence Msr. Renaud; le kit reduit Orlik est le B1; pas l'avion B2! Ce n'est pas la meme chose, mais il vaut le coup! Je suis tres content!

Familier
  4. Renaud

Renaud Member

Albatros B1

The B2 doen't differ very much from the B1, I don't care for such a difference, both compare favourably in my opinion to the planes coming after in terms of old flavour.
    I have a photo of my grand uncle in his cockpit, he was flying a Morane and was shot down in Verdun, in the Summer 1916... I hope he was not facing an Albatros. These B series are hopefully far from looking to warbirds.

Well, but where are those French speaking people here coming from???????
  5. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose.:rolleyes:

:wave:
  6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

But the cooling system is vastly different. The B1 features a side-mounted radiator while the B2 has the ghastly looking thing mounted above and to the rear of the engine. I'll bet it was hot inside that cockpit!