Airbrush disassembly guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by artistone, Sep 11, 2008.

1. artistone

artistone Member

Hi

I have recently bought an AB-138 suction-feed airbrush. However, i could not find any instruction manual for cleaning and disassembly. Can anyone provide me a guide, or atleast show me how to disassemble and clean it? The pain has started splattering around in droplets, and definitely needs some cleaning.

Thanks
    artistone
  2. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I would contact the manufacturer for specific instructions. I've used a lot of airbrushes, but not that one. Some of them are delicate items and they are worth getting the manufacturer's information rather than the info you'll get from people like me, who know just enough to make things worse. Are you running solvent/cleaner through it? What kind of paint are you using?
    Chris
  3. artistone

artistone Member

WATER BASED ACRYLIC. Unfortunately, i got it from a friend. Not direct purchase from the company.
  4. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I use acrylics almost exclusively now. What I've found to be very helpful is to keep a bucket of water with a citrus-based cleaner (Avanage, etc.) or a cleaner called AWESOME ( I get it at the local hardware store) mixed in with water. I run this mixture through the airbrush, working lever action the whole time. I do this between each color and each fill of the cup. I normally only have to do a breakdown cleanup once or twice a year. And I use my airbrush a lot.
    As you've already got build-up in the airbrush, you should let it soak in the cleaner at full strength for a while and run full strength cleaner through it after it has soaked. Use an old toothbrush with cleaner on it to scrub any buildup off the nozzle of the airbrush.
    If your buildup isn't too bad, you may be able to clean your airbrush enough without taking it apart for a while.
    WARNING! These cleaners are lung irritants when airborne, so use with proper ventilation or filter system!
    I still suggest you track down the manufacturer and see if they have a preferred breakdown/maintenance procedure.
    Best of luck!
    Chris
  5. artistone

artistone Member

6. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

artistone

Looks like it is a copy of a Badger 250/350 airbrush. As I remember there is not much to take apart and you could damage the brush by disassembling it incorrectly. Go with the cleaning instructions these cleaners are often used to remove paint from plastic models with out damaging the plastic. Then head down to your hobby shop and see if they have parts for the Badger they may even let you copy the manual.

If you are looking for a very good airbrush for not a lot of dollars Badger http://www.badgerairbrush.com/garage_sale.html is selling the Vega 2000 for $35.00 that’s a lot of airbrush for the money.
  7. artistone

artistone Member

Hi Jim and Cjwalas

Thanks for the reply. My airbrush is a Master E93 suction feed model. I live in India, which unfortunately does not have any speciality shops, atleast where i live. If anyone could scan the instructions or kust send me a few pics of the disassembly process, I'd be very grateful.
    Regards
    Artistone
  8. artistone

artistone Member

Does anyone have a copy of the badger 350 instruction manual? Could anyone send me a scanned copy? Or, just a set of pics will be ok. Please, it is very urgent as i have a project to complete
  9. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

artistone,

DUH, I have to stop assuming everyone lives in the US and remember that this is an International forum. I tried a different search engine and came up with this site with a parts list and assembly instructions for the Badger 350.

http://www.reuels.com/reuels/Airbrush_Parts_Badger_350.html

Jim Nunn
  10. artistone

artistone Member

thanks Jim.
    Anyone got pics of the disassembly process?
  11. davelant

davelant Member