After midnight

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by cnw1961, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Art67

Art67 Member

Kurt,

Thanks for sharing your pavement technique. I am adding another 2x4 section to my switching layout that will have quite a bit of street trackage. I might try out your method as my previous method of using styrene is a bit tedious to install around switches and I have been looking into other options. Thanks for sharing your method.

Stuart
  2. Art67

Art67 Member

Kurt,

P.S Have you experienced any problems with humidity or it buckling ? Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

Stuart
  3. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Stuart, I didn’t have any problems with humidity or buckling so far, even if I soaked the area near the street with diluted white glue. It may depend on the cardboard used. I think you shouldn’t have any problems with painting if you use water resistant sanding paper.
  4. Art67

Art67 Member

Kurt,

Thanks for the heads up.

Stuart
  5. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Kurt, I'm sorry I didn't see this when you first posted it. What can I say that hasn't been said already? It's a beautiful picture. So natural and evocative. I know you're busy, but when you get the chance, please post more pics.
  6. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

Looking awesome!!! With that light off, I could only imagine the "druggies" breaking into that pawn shop to get some of that "Cash" for their habit.... Great scenerio !!!!
  7. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Steve, this scene is one of the few nearly finished parts of my layout. The night shot conceals all the unfinished stuff. I have to finish some more scenery before I can post some more pics.
    Michael, never thought of the "druggies" – I shouldn’t switch off the lights at night.