Aerobird: When do I need to get a new wing?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by Tokenekie, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Tokenekie

Tokenekie New Member

I don't know if it was necessarily a bad decision to start off learning how to fly hobby airplanes by buying an Aerobird Challenger 3 but my progress seems to have come to a halt since I can't seem to get my plane back in the air.

I crashed it pretty hard a few weeks ago and now my main wing has a pretty bad bend in it. The main problem is that when I strap the wing back onto the fuselage a large air bubble forms under the wing directly left of the body (nose pointing away). Would this prevent the bird from flying or could there some other factor?

Oh and another bend formed on the tail wing at the right of the body but I personally don't think this is a problem since it is not affecting the movement of the ailerons. Nor are there any air bubbles forming on the surface of the tail wing.

In this state, my Aerobird doesn't seem to want to fly straight despite having trimmed the craft as best as I could. It ends up flying sharply to the left as soon as I loosen up on the throttle even slightly and spiral nose-dives to its death.

Here are a couple of pictures of the wing and tail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Tokenekie

Tokenekie New Member

Here are three pictures of the parts I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMO The wing is pretty much done for

[​IMG]

But I think the tail is still functional...unless anyone thinks that that bend on the right side is critical.
  3. Tokenekie

Tokenekie New Member

Here are three pictures of the parts I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMO The wing is pretty much done for

[​IMG]

But I think the tail is still functional...unless anyone thinks that that bend on the right side is critical.