Advice on Guards for layout sides

CNWman

CNW Fan
As you may know, I have a 4X8 layout I'm building, but the track plan is uncomfortably close to the edge (and all those peices are curves!) and my olive green boxcar nearly bit the dust on the most dangerous of all those curves and I was lucky that the wheels caught the rail, thus sparing my boxcar. To solve this problem, I plan to put protective guards around my table to prevent any things like that ever happening again. I would prefer them to be see-through and durable, so visitors who accadentaly hit the guards won't harm anything.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I have a 2 year old that has figured out he can reach up through the canyon and get at one of the bridges. I plan on adding plexiglass soon.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
TrainNut said:
I have a 2 year old that has figured out he can reach up through the canyon and get at one of the bridges. I plan on adding plexiglass soon.
Toddlers can be fun, can't they? :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Thoroughbreed said:
HEHE, wait till you come in and find him have crawled up onto the layout, and being Godzilla across all your scenery.sign1
If he EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone ever posted a child on ebay before?
Oh come on, you know I'm just kidding.

Attachments

• DCP_5279 low res.jpg
    DCP_5279 low res.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 125

hooknlad

I wonder how that table guard stuff would hold up against a basketball tossed onto the layout,by "accident"..

That table guard stuff looks amazing? David , have you used it?

hooknlad said:
I wonder how that table guard stuff would hold up against a basketball tossed onto the layout,by "accident"..

That table guard stuff looks amazing? David , have you used it?

Its meant to keep things from falling to the floor,I,m sure a basket ball or any large object would cause serious damage....

hooknlad

Just joshing about the ball thingy, but a 2 year old crawling around, a meteor is bound to hit the village - lol

stripes

No I have not used it. And it must be just to keep things on the table. I will email Mike and let him explain here!

David