advice for visit to north platt NE.

rogerw

hi every one I am planning a trip to north platt ne. to visit the train yards. Anyone been there that could give me some advise as where to go for taking pictures and points of interest . Thanks Roger

CK Styles

I live in Lincoln, NE. I could do some looking around for u. I am not a train enthusiast, but would be happy to help a fellow zealot!

rogerw

Thanks for the replys guys. I was planning on a trip this week but spent my money on new locos yesterday . I will now make the trip sometime in spring. CK Styles i will be coming from manhattan KS. so I hope you dont mind me stopping at lincoln to check out the town . :-D Got to check out the huskers stadium. Also CK if you can find out some info with out going out of your way it will help. Conrail I did post at trainorders.com at your suggestion and getting some pointers there thanks.

conrailmike

Thanks for the replys guys. I was planning on a trip this week but spent my money on new locos yesterday . I will now make the trip sometime in spring. CK Styles i will be coming from manhattan KS. so I hope you dont mind me stopping at lincoln to check out the town . :-D Got to check out the huskers stadium. Also CK if you can find out some info with out going out of your way it will help. Conrail I did post at trainorders.com at your suggestion and getting some pointers there thanks.

There's also this...

http://www.visitnorthplatte.com/GoldenSpikeTower.cfm?gclid=CN3j-7mm5pcCFRxNagodd0_IDQ

Just happened to see the link on railpictures.net

CK Styles

Stop as long as u want! Memorial stadium is pretty cool. If your looking for a good steak, check out The Steak House on Cornhusker and 33rd. A bit pricey, but worth the treat.

N

nachoman

I've been through north platte, and thought the train yards looked interesting from the highway. Unfortunately, I was short on time both times I went through there, and did not have time to stop for more than gas. Try google earth to investigate things.

As for lincoln... I remember drinking and eating at a weird little place called the "Tam O'Shanter".