Adios To All My Gauge Friends!

Drew1125

I, like Shamus, feel the time has come for me to be moving on also...
The past three years here have been fantastic, & very enlightening for me, & being a member of this forum has helped me more than words can measure, as a model railroader, & allowed me to get to know so many of you as friends & fellow modelers.
There are some changes going on here at the Gauge, & there are also signifigant changes going on within my own life, that are causing me to want to pursue some other interests...There are some physical problems I'm having, that are causing model railroading to be much more difficult for me these days, & I feel as though a sabatical may be in order, both from the hobby itself, & most definitely from the online aspects of it...
I may stop in occasionalloy to see how things are going, but for now, I'll say...
So Long!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Charlie,

God speed my friend. It was you who gave me my initial inspiration to stick with this hobby. I came here not knowing if it was for me, and was disappointed by the response I got on other forums. Thank you for your help and advice over the past year or so, and thanks for the good examples of both workmanship and friendship you set. You will be missed by more than myself.

We wish you the best with you health problems and look foward to seeing you here in the future. :thumb: :thumb:

Tyson Rayles

Drew like Paul you will be sorely missed also. I probably have stolen more great ideas from you than anybody else here :D ! This is a dark day for the Gauge :( . I will stay in touch my friend! :wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Ohmigosh Charlie! I'll miss you and your colorful Fall season steam train posts! You've always been a supportive, encouraging, and talented forum member and its been a pleasure to hear from you on a regular basis. I wish you well in all you wish or need to do. Please do check back with us!

Regards!
Ralph

jmarksbery

:cry: Damn Charlie, what is going on. I hope and pray all will be well with you in Gods good time. I will miss you ooh so much here. You have been an insperation to us all here. Recent changes were hard enough an now this? I feel as though I have lost one of my family! God bless and please keep intouch. Your friend, Jim :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

C

Catt

FINE! Leave,but make damn sure you keep in touch ,or your gonna get a boose kickin' from this ol furrball.

Gonna miss ya around here. :(

Sir_Prize

BUMMER!!

:cry: :( :eek:

Welllll.... Take care and do stop by from time to time.
:wave: :wave:
Prayers to you and yours of Good Health and Spirit!!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Well Charlie, there are always changes for us to face. Some we like and others we don't. All I hope and pray for is that you find peace. Yes you have been insprational to many of us and I for one just want to tell you how much I appreciate your friendship, be it only on-line.

RailRon

Charlie, I'm really saddened by your leaving the Gauge. But judging from your words, sometimes there are situations where we have to take decisions which don't please us at all.

I'm sure, your decision has been a hard one to take for you, and I really hope that your problems can be resolved in time. My best wishes are with you - take care and god bless you.

Your decision is hard on us Gaugers, too, since your beautiful autumn pictures always were a joy to look at. It was your pics that brought me to the decision to put fall foliage on my plants (once I'm getting to do some landscaping, that is).

I'll miss you, and I hope that you keep dropping in from time to time. :wave:

Ron

belg

Charlie as the old saying goes "if you have your health you have everything you need"! I hope all turns out well and that you will find the time to stop in and see us again. Pat

Oh! :(

Others have said better han I'm able to do. You'll be missed, Charlie. :( :( :(

I wish you the best luck in your new path.

¡Adiós, y buena suerte, Charlie! :wave:

shaygetz

You were one of the first to make me feel welcome here, Charlie. I'm sure gonna miss your awful spelling ;) and your great model work. Blessings to you my friend, BC.

jon-monon

Sorry to see you go, my friend. I for one would welcome you back in any capacity here at the-gauge, anytime you can get back. May God be with you in dealing with your health issues and may you have many happy times ahead. Please do check in if you can't come back full time.

Charlie, I've always enjoyed seeing the photos of your great N-scale layout and your excellent kitbashes! (More than once, I've referred to you as the "Art Curren of N scale.") And I've always appreciated the well-worded compliments you've paid to me and others when we've posted photos of our own work. For those reasons and others, my friend, I hate seeing your resignation from the Gauge. However, I know that there are other things in life that are far more important than a hobby or an online forum, and they must be taken care of first and foremost. So I don't begrudge your decision, and I'm certain our paths will cross somewhere else down the road. Take care, Charlie.

F

Fred_M

Drew, from our emails correspondence you know I wished you to stay, but understand the reason you are leaving, no let's not say leaving, taking a short break, from the gauge. I will miss you a lot friend. When we didn't have a home at the gauge for a while you made me feel welcome over at another forum, and I hope that I am returning the favor to the Atlas guys now. Fred

fifer

Very sorry to see you go but I realize that life and limb are the most important choice's we make and no one is to be faulted for keeping fit and living life.
Take Care and hope to see you here soon !!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: