Adhesive for Walther's Cornerstone Kits

jjqgenesis

Hi,

Getting ready to assemble some Cornerstone kits and wondering if there is a preferred adhesive to use.
Instructions mention glue but don't identify which type.
Would appreciate hearing what you use fron those experienced with these kits.
Thanks.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Hi j.
Just regular Testors model glue works good. The red tube.But there are others such as Tenex that work just as well.
Hopes this helps.

RaiderCTE

I used the testors liquid glue in the black bottle. Worked well for me. The only problem was it drying somewhere in the applicator and then you have to keep cutting it back to get some glue out.

Bill Pontin

J - I recommend the "Testors" liquid adhesive. Purchase the bottle marked "Liquid cement for Plastic Models" that comes in a funny shaped black plastic bottle with a long applicator tip. The applicator tip you will find to be invaluable. Testors does make two kinds of applicator tips, one is metal and the other is plastic. Both come with thin wires to unclogg the applicator should you leave the cap off for an extended period of time. I have only used the metal applicator, it comes in a blister pack marked "Model Master". Caution, the adhesive does dissolve the plastic, this provides a good bond by welding the pieces together. Be carefull with the amount you apply and if you are bonding thin parts, ie. railings, put a drop on a piece of glass or metal and use a needle probe to apply the glue to the hole or area of attachment. I never trust myself to apply a minute quantity with the applicator, I always wind up with too big a drop or glob it on.

Are you going to bash the kits or use the instructions? :D If you have the means, we would all like to see the results when you finish

Pooh Bah
For the "piece of glass or metal" that Bill mentioned, I use a small square of aluminum foil. I also use a piece of wax paper as a base to assemble my models on, so they don't stick to the furniture. Unless I feel adventurous, I don't use glue straight out of any tube or bottle, always a small brush, pin, or toothpick, depending on the glue.
If the parts fit closely enough, especially at wall joints, fit them together and let the glue creep into the joint from the hidden side. (This sometimes takes 4 to 6 hands);)