Adding Scenery to N Trak Module

Bill Pontin

Been plugging away slowly at the scenery on my NTrak modules. The left module being the hardest as I have a river running across it. The river was the pacing item. I had to have that completed before adding the many bridges and track work. Think I have the river part well underway, just waiting for the second coat of "Enviortex" to cure. On the upper raging part of the river and waterfall I used Woodland Scenics "Water Effects". The waterfall and white areas above have not cured yet. They will dry clear and I will paint the whitecaps and coat the area again with the Effects stuff. Here us a picture of just the river, I clamped a wood dam to the module edge to hold the enviortex.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 15

Bill Pontin

Shame most of the river will be hidden with the bridges. First picture is a boat landing that will be under one of the bridges

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 13

Bill Pontin

Bridges, bridges, bridges - all five of them. The first will be a ballasted deck bridge for the Red/Yellow lines. Thinking of leaving it nice, no rust - either just painted of newly installed. The second bridge is a Warren Truss for the Blue line, will add some more rust before installing it. The next is a simple girder bridge for the first leg of my switchback up to the Mountain division line.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 13

Bill Pontin

Whoops, wrong picture and I am not sure how to edit it out. Here is the first three bridges. (I hope)

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 11

Bill Pontin

The log bridge above the falls I copied from one of Shamus's pictures, it has two tracks and the last bridge a King post carries the Mountain Division rail across the river.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 8

Bill Pontin

I should mention that the waterfall has a lighted rotating drum behind it to simulate moving water. Waiting for the Woodland Scenics "Water Effects" to cure to see what I have to add or change. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and I will keep posting when I complete more.

doctorwayne

Looks good, Bill. :thumb: I especially like the effect near the dock, both the rapids and the transition into deeper water. Very nicely done.

Wayne

Nomad

That is outstanding work ! Can we see a video of the waterfall and the lighted drum working when you are done ?

Loren

Nazgul

Great Job!!! I can imagine the work that has gone into all you are doing. and all I can say is......

IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

SPECTACULAR!!!:thumby: :thumby: :thumby: :thumby: :thumby:

thumsup

Bill, very nice job. Just a thought, maybe you could leave some construction equipment and left over building material around the new bridge. Again, good job.:-D

Joe

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Nicely done Bill. I was thinking of doing the same thing with the moving water effect. Got the idea from an old Hamm's Beer sign. Be sure to let us know how it worked out.