AD&N 1205

Tad

AD&N 1205 switching pulpwood at Crossett, Arkansas 1980. (Terry Holley photo)

aag.jpg

My N scale AD&N 1205 switches its' first cut of pulpwood racks.

aar.sized.jpg

I just finished it tonight.

Tad

Thanks, Y'all. This was my second AD&N switcher to be completed. I have two more SW1200s to do. They will each be in different schemes, though.

Livesteam, it is a Life-Like SW9/SW1200. They are available at many shops online for around $40. You can find them cheaper if you look.

Interestingly enough, no one makes an N scale SW1500. I wish they did, because I really need one.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Tad, that looks great. :thumb: Looks just like the real thing. Do you plan on putting a little running weather on it?

Tad

Not right now. The primary period that I model is around 1980. That is when this unit was painted into this scheme.

I'll probably get around to doing weathering on my stuff eventually, but right now it is not one of my main priorities. I figure after I get a lot of other stuff done that weathering would be one of those fine detailing type things that I will come back to.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Tad said:
Not right now. The primary period that I model is around 1980. That is when this unit was painted into this scheme.

I'll probably get around to doing weathering on my stuff eventually, but right now it is not one of my main priorities. I figure after I get a lot of other stuff done that weathering would be one of those fine detailing type things that I will come back to.

Oh Ok. I can see what you mean. I have to agree with you and that. Better to wait to you get everything else done before you start on weathering things.