ACSG given Bill Krause award by NASG

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by TR-Flyer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi All:
    Wanted to share this with y'all. The NASG just awarded our modular club, the Atlantic Coast S-Gaugers Carolinas Chapter, its Bill Krause award. This is given each year to the S-gauge club that NASG feels has done the most during the past year to promote S-gauge or S-gauge modular railroading. In the past two years they've recognized the Cuyahoga and Bristol clubs for their efforts in promoting the hobby.

We in the Carolinas feel that this award belongs to all our chapters because what we have done here is a reflection of ideas developed by all of our chapters. A special note of thanks goes to; Wayne Beachy, Dave Conyers, Mike Myers, Ernie Stinson, Stuart Gordon, and Joe Haenn for founding our club five years ago. We now have chapters in Delaware, Northern, Central and Tidewater Virginia, the Carolinas, and Atlanta.

I’d also like to acknowledge the contributions of Rhett George, our resident Electrical Engineer extraordinaire, Calvin Azarowicz who developed our accessory button boards and our auto-block system, Pete Hildenbrand who built our first lift bridge so all us guys don’t have to bend so low to get into the layout, Butch Henion for starting “the yard”, Mike Myers, again, for coming from Virginia to so many of our shows and helping us create the large layouts that have so amazed those who though S-Gauge was a dead scale, Ken McNelly for developing the “Thomas” cab so kids can run trains at our shows and, of course, our “Lady’s Auxiliary” for all their help during setup, takedown, shows, in between and behind the scenes. Life is so much more fun when the ladies are along for the ride.

And of course, all the members who come to the shows, help run things, or just let the world know that "S" is an interesting scale/gauge with which to play/model.

Regard’S’,
    Ted

Attached Files:

2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Congradulations to everyone involved.
    It's nice to see orginizations recognized for their outstanding efforts.
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Cool Ted and congratulations to you and your group. Sure would like to see some more pictures of your group’s layout.

Greg
  4. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Thanks Greg, i'll work on the pics today and try to post 'em later. If i run out of time today, leaving town at 4 pm, they'll show up Thursday or Friday.

Regards,
    Ted
  5. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

congrats all around!

yes, pic's would be nice too!

cheers

Joe
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Definatly Great Work & A Job Well Done to all involved!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  7. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi All:
    Been working 60+ for the last three weeks so haven't had time to pull some photos together. Took today off and selected a few shots from this past year's shows. Don't think i've posted any of these before.

The big thing about our modular layout is that kids, and adults, can operate most of our accessories. And then there's the "Wow, you guys are running American Flyer!" factor and the "You mean you can still buy S-Guage?" factor.

I think this girl could learn to like trains.

Attached Files:

8. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Matter of fact, i think they could.

Attached Files:

9. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

One of the "Your running Flyer?!?!?" guys.

Attached Files:

10. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

One of Gene Sankowski's plasticville modules.

Attached Files:

11. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Couple of consists leaving our cross layout yard.

Attached Files:

12. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

One of the new MTH operating sawmills. Kids like to load up the Gons with it.

Attached Files:

13. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

We have a circus at one show. That's a Lionel "Great Wheel" and some tin toy wind ups to the right of it.

Attached Files:

14. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Another one of our button pushers. She'll probably grow up and join the O-n-3 Consiracy!

Attached Files:

15. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Last shot, my favorite Flyer engine. 0-8-0. It'll pull anything.

Well, gotta get the turkey on the grill. Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you all for inspiring me to try and do more with my "toy trains".

Attached Files: