acrocanthosaurus

freddyman

i did this two day project to show you all the prototype of the first paper model dinosaur i ever designed. acrocanthosaurus is a north american predator that easily distinguished by its 3 ft tall spine that extends from the base of the neck to the tip of the tail. more pictures will come soon.

Attachments

• IMAG0427.jpg
    IMAG0427.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 26

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is awesome! Animals are extremely hard to design in paper. The trick to make them look lifelike is not to mirror the model at its center because this would make it look boring. Your model features a very interesting pose and is very exciting. Congratulations for this fine pattern! I hope it will get some teeth and skin, too?

freddyman

it has teeth. 20 of them actually. its just that the camera didn't pic then up.i will see if i can post a close head shot of the model. i'm planing on giving it a scaly texture and it still needs claws

freddyman

her are some more pictures of the dino

Attachments

• IMAG0428.jpg
    IMAG0428.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0429.jpg
    IMAG0429.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0430.jpg
    IMAG0430.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0431.jpg
    IMAG0431.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is sharp! Wow! Good job. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

freddyman

i'm planning on doing something along the lines of this color scheme

Attachments

• 1ff1fd13.jpg
    1ff1fd13.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 14

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
most large predators, great white sharks, big cats, a few reptiles, feed in early morning, and can be nocturnal. plus the foliage should be taken into consideration. also many animals only see in black and white, and don't have sterio optic vision.
all these should be taken into consideration when choosing colors. even a camouflage pattern is feasible.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You are brilliant. I think anything organic like this is the hardest object to design and create out of cardboard. You have knocked this out of the park!! :)

freddyman

most large predators, great white sharks, big cats, a few reptiles, feed in early morning, and can be nocturnal. plus the foliage should be taken into consideration. also many animals only see in black and white, and don't have sterio optic vision.
all these should be taken into consideration when choosing colors. even a camouflage pattern is feasible.

if you look at the eye cavity of acrocanthosaurus, you will notice that it was significantly large. suggesting that this predator had outstanding vision, also,
100 million years ago in america would have been like modern day Africa,, which is one of the reasons i chose the paint scheme.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Freddyman, I have to ask, will you be making the templates for this available? We would love to host them. I think it would be a great educational project for many of the members to do with their kids. It is is just so cool! :)

freddyman

definitely. the model is almost done anyway. when finished, i will put the download here a create a build thread.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
THANK YOU ! (in advance :mrgreen: ) :thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb: