Achilles Class Request

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 17, 2008.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Hey everyone, I'm currently building every starship class in the Federation (we'll see about that) in the 1/1900 scale. While I have found plenty of models, and have even helped design some (and will design more), there are some ships that I can't really touch: I don't have Pepakura Designer, and have no experience with it anyway.

What I'd really be interested in building, however, is the non-canon Achilles-Class starship, from the game Dominion Wars. I'm hoping some kind soul will be interested in designing it. If necessary, I can help with the design once the parts are laid out in Pepakura.

Two files are available for the Bridge Commander game:

Achilles Class U.S.S. Vengeance, Bridge Commander Downloads, Bridge Commander The Outdated Abyss
    Achilles Class U.S.S. Vengeance, Bridge Commander Downloads, Bridge Commander Federation
  2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

3. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

This ship was already in my ever growing to do list, I do have a Star Fleet Command MOD file of it, the problem is to find time to work on so many projects.
  4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

What's a MOD file? Sorry, I don't know anything about this.

If you can unfold it in Pepakura some, I might be able to help you design the model by consolidating parts in Photoshop.
  5. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

MOD is Starfleet Comander game file format for its models, I use to convert it to another editable format (3ds, lwo, etc).

I didn't check the model in detail yet, but seems that it will need some cleaning before unfolding. The curvy and round shapes could also be a problem to unfold, but nothing of great concern, I think.

I will look at it to see if I can do the basic cleaning; however, I have a lot of unfinished projects, and not much time to work on them.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Well please do so if you get the chance. If you can just unfold it in Pepakura once you've cleaned it up, I can try to help.