Acela Express

caliban

I got my ACELA on eBay.de, at that time only a few had been ever sold on eBay Germany. It's kinda hart to get Amtrak stuff over here. Might be a lot easier in the Garden State. UP, no problem but everything else...! Bought my HHP-8 in NYC, KATO F40PH in Denver, Athearn F59PHI in San Francisco and got my Dash 8-32BHW from Denver via mail order and Amtrak Cal's second Dash 8 from eBay.de just after the one from Denver arrived. I could easily lenghten the list! Right now waiting for the next mail from USA.
To get back to maglev's initial post, all questions answered? No problem to post more pictures.

Tobias

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
you'd think it'd be easy in the garden state to. but i think a week after i got mine, the department store sold out and they never bought new ones to sell. only once again did i find one in a hobby shop. shows are the only other place i see them.

caliban

I guess it's more a problem of the "manufacturer", after a run is sold out, it might take some time till they re-order them from a factory somewhere in China. Also makes it hard to get spare parts. Even Atlas has not parts for all their models listed in the online shop. If you're going desperate, I could keep my eyes open on the european market. We have a Bachmann subsidary in Germany (Liliput), but prices are the same as in the US, except that we have to pay the Euro. One seller has the trainset for 249 on "sale"! 249 in EURO is $320. Wish you all the best to get a new set of locos! Check out http://www.caboosehobbies.info/ in Denver! They still have the locos on stock for $118 and I guess they have low shipping rate within the USA.

Tobias