ACE 'man' Hole

jmarksbery

:eek:ops: As you guyz know I have been playing in the scrap box, I am putting the many walls from kits that I did not use in other projects and making small weird business's that can be used to fill a space but look interesting to the scene. This is one of them. The name may fool you, Ace Hole, but it you look closely above the portal window you can see the washed away 'man' on the building. I noticed a manhole cover the other day and figured someone had to produce them so why not Ace! Let me tell you how I made the sign, it is painted on. (n-scale) After assemble of the little building and before adding detail I gave the entire a white wash of paint. After it dried I had a few sticky letters and placed them on the building. I then sprayed the entire building black. After the black had dried I masked of the sign area and sprayed it railbrown and when dried unmask it and picked of the letters and wah-lie a nice painted of sign. I then gave it a A/I wash and let dry and then gave it another white wash and wiped it somewhat off before it dried. After that had dried I gave below the windows a slight chalk brown brush to add the stained look and then added the detail and weathered them. Another small industry or abandoned building.

awv.jpg

awx.jpg

aww.jpg

I hope you are enjoying these little projects for I am having a ball. Be sure to catch my Brody's on the Pier project.
Later : :sleeping: Jim

ezdays

Out AZ way
jmarksbery said:
:eek:ops: ....I hope you are enjoying these little projects for I am having a ball. Be sure to catch my Brody's on the Pier project.
Later : :sleeping: Jim
Enjoy? You bet, but more than that, I'm always astounded at your work. And I really appreciate the details of how you got there. Fantastic...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another good 'un Jim even, with tongue in cheek, A great choice for a name. Thanks for the how to on the sign.

tillsbury

So, Jim, you've had a lot of spare time recently?

Love that one -- how did you do the concrete steps? They're very crisp...

Charles

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Boarded up windows, stained brick work, and rusty drainage pipes....its BEAUTIFUL!
Ralph

jmarksbery

:wave: Thanks folks, I have been having a ball bashing odd wall together to make small industries. Thanks again, :thumb: Jim